Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

More Whippet!

Phonantiphon

#1 Really good strong study, lovely expression - might benefit from a Paul-type isolation and treatment?

#2 Also a good composition, but would benefit from a correction of the WB I feel - the orange colour cast isn't to my taste

#3 The weakest of the three, mainly due to a fussy and distracting background (this is where you perhaps need to shoot wide aperture to throw the background out of focus)

#1 Really good strong study, lovely expression - might benefit from a Paul-type isolation and treatment?

#2 Also a good composition, but would benefit from a correction of the WB I feel - the orange colour cast isn't to my taste

#3 The weakest of the three, mainly due to a fussy and distracting background (this is where you perhaps need to shoot wide aperture to throw the background out of focus)

Thank you for the breakdown, very useful. For #2 yeah I know about the orange... I don't like using a flash but I haven't really mastered the whole WB thing yet. I need to practice some more.

For #3 it is a bit on the fussy side I admit, the pre b & w version was more marked actually but not as effective, I thought, as the contrast was all off, and the orange!

I should probably use a flash, I have plenty of flash options on my camera, but currently no diffuser and I didn't want to distract the subject!

I am definitely going to go away and practice with the white balance. And have another look at that second photo...

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just spotted this thread. My favourite subject too.

Sighthounds are addictive. Once you've lived with one.................

Lovely pics :yes:heart:

Thank you!

Having had this little one round to stay a few times we are now considering the idea of getting one ourselves...

Archived