Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

How old are you?

Leon

I'm almost with you, Tina - 69 next month, and feeling great - but I've no idea who that 'old' person is I see in the bathroom mirror! :D

Glad I'm not the only one. My glasses steam up in the bathroom. Very handy as I don't have to look in the mirror then. lol.

so at 36 i'm the 'baby' of the bunch?.....I'll have to rethink my use of smileys and start explaining in a LOUD voice what they mean!!

i guess I am lucky as I have really good hearing, but it's very frustrating as my hubby is very deaf and has the TV up so loud. I'm sure that it will damage my ear drums one day :rolleyes:

I felt very ancient this afternoon, when I gave a presentation on Old Wooden Toys to two classes of five year olds..........at my old infant and junior school......

Trying to explain that I was there as a five year old in 1942 wasn't easy......great fun though, especially now that I have hearing aids and new eyes.......when I did the same talk four years ago, I had great trouble hearing their little voices then.

FUJI

I'd like to think at the age of 66 I'm still young but of course there are things I find more difficult these days. When I have the time I still do walks of 10 miles even though I nearly lost my right leg in a motorcycle accident when I was 20 (not my fault) and this took many surgical operations over a 10 year period to give me the leg I have today which is still one inch short. I still work full time in the Spring/Summer running my one man courier business. I work part time in the winter, take today for instance... no pre-bookings so I thought I would be at home today... mobile rings at 9am and within 10 minutes after completing the paperwork I'm off to central London to deliver samples to Sainsbury's head office in Holborn. Since the beginning of the year I driven nearly 50,000 miles.... not bad for an OAP... I would like to travel more but running a small business makes this difficult, fortunately my main customer is happy to use another courier once in a while so that I can take a break and I recently went to Ecuador to the Amazon Basin and the Andes, I also visited Cuba last March. I'm trying to decide where to go next... Peru, Africa or possiibly Iceland next June.... I have a lot to pack into the next few years before aches and pains and scrambled brains take over... :lolu:

• Like 2

I'd like to think at the age of 66 I'm still young but of course there are things I find more difficult these days. When I have the time I still do walks of 10 miles even though I nearly lost my right leg in a motorcycle accident when I was 20 (not my fault) and this took many surgical operations over a 10 year period to give me the leg I have today which is still one inch short. I still work full time in the Spring/Summer running my one man courier business. I work part time in the winter, take today for instance... no pre-bookings so I thought I would be at home today... mobile rings at 9am and within 10 minutes after completing the paperwork I'm off to central London to deliver samples to Sainsbury's head office in Holborn. Since the beginning of the year I driven nearly 50,000 miles.... not bad for an OAP... I would like to travel more but running a small business makes this difficult, fortunately my main customer is happy to use another courier once in a while so that I can take a break and I recently went to Ecuador to the Amazon Basin and the Andes, I also visited Cuba last March. I'm trying to decide where to go next... Peru, Africa or possiibly Iceland next June.... I have a lot to pack into the next few years before aches and pains and scrambled brains take over... :lolu:

I was a self employed courier 5 years ago although I wad contracted to Speed couriers in Manchester (they gave us 40% of the jobs:( ) I know how hard it is to make a living, but I wish I was doing it again, the freedom and the frequent trips to London, Scotland and surprising amount of time in North Yorkshire (a lot of converted barns owned by barristers) now I'm stuck in an office driving a computer, sure it's ageing me twice as quick as normal?