Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Trialling PaintShop Pro X7.

JohnP

After using PaintShop Pro 9 for so long I'd like to try something else so yesterday I decided to download PaintShop Pro X7... It's on a 30 days trial at the moment. It's pretty impressive, even though the features are similar to Pro9 but obviously much improved and with plenty of new features it's taxing my poor old brain finding my way around... but I'll get there. I'll see how I get on for the next 30 days before forking out any cash. It's on offer at the moment at £63.99 for the Ultimate version. It's no good telling me to buy Photoshop as the cost is beyond me and I'd never make full use of it... I won't even make full use of PaintShop to be honest as I keep my editing to the minimum.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/corel_paintshop_pro_x7_review/

• Like 2

After using PaintShop Pro 9 for so long I'd like to try something else so yesterday I decided to download PaintShop Pro X7... It's on a 30 days trial at the moment. It's pretty impressive, even though the features are similar to Pro9 but obviously much improved and with plenty of new features it's taxing my poor old brain finding my way around... but I'll get there. I'll see how I get on for the next 30 days before forking out any cash. It's on offer at the moment at £63.99 for the Ultimate version. It's no good telling me to buy Photoshop as the cost is beyond me and I'd never make full use of it... I won't even make full use of PaintShop to be honest as I keep my editing to the minimum.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/corel_paintshop_pro_x7_review/

But I didn't tell you to get Photoshop! And frankly, you'd be better off with Elements anyway, though PS Pro X7 looks more capable than Elements anyway, and roughly similar price.

(I wonder how many Photoshop users make full use of it anyway? I certainly don't!)

If any of you knowledgeable folks have read the review I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what you think about PaintShop X7. I realise there's a huge difference between reading a review and actually using the software but I'd still like someone to comment. anyway. Cheers.

I tried it a while ago but could not get along with it has I found (to me) the interface felt clunky compared to Elements or PhotoShop, some swear by it though.

I've been using PaintShop Pro9 for years and I like it... it's just got dated now and it's a bore that I can't edit RAW files from my Panasonic FZ100 and Canon 60D without having to convert the images to TIFF first. PaintShop X7 will open them so that's one less process to deal with before I can start editing. I think I will take to the software better than starting off with something completely new to me. I'll play about with it for a few days before making up my mind to buy it.

Interesting - it's not easy to tell it's HDR, it could almost be a straight from camera shot. Which is probably the effect you wanted?

Chris...  it was three images taken free hand,  -1 stop, normal and + 1 stop. Actually as I was using this new software I forgot to use auto-align so I'm surprised the image turned out as good as this. The sky is much improved in this image as it was over exposed in the original normal shot.

Edited by JohnP
  • Like 1