Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Stacking.

JohnP

This may be a daft question but I'm going to ask it anyway. I have tried stacking a couple of times using some free software, I can't remember what it was called as it was on my old XP computer. My question is could I use Photomatix to merge three images and get a similar effect to stacking. If instead of taking three shots of different exposures I took three shots at different focus points and aligned them with photomatix what would be the effect? I might give it a try in due course, it could prove interesting.

I'm no expert but I would say no as when you alter focus close up the image size changes slighty and photomatix would not take this into account but I may be wrong so try it and see. :)

You are probably right... my mind does wander sometimes, I thought about trying it some time when I was using Photomatix last evening.

I know this can be done in Photoshop but it involves the software creating multiple layer masks to 'extract' the unsharp areas leaving the sharp bits merged together, very clever. I know Photoshop is a huge layout to buy, I couldn't afford to buy Lightroom and Photoshop so I subscribed to the Adobe Creative Cloud. Costs just over £8 a month but you get both Lightroom and Photoshop to download both of which update automatically if they do any changes. Still not cheap if used over a long time, I think the contract is 12 months but it helps the cash flow no end. Well worth it in my opinion to have them both.