Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Cockerham at High Tide

Martyn

I saw a strange thing today on the beach at Cockerham. A flock of gulls were mobbing together in a frenzy at the edge of the sea, I thought maybe they were fighting over a washed up dead fish. Then there was a lot of splashing in the water and I thought maybe it was a live fish they were fighting over. Then I saw what it was, a hare ran up out of the water and across the beach before disappearing into an adjacent field. What on earth was it doing in the sea?

15637755893_435d0d022a_b.jpg

It was so windy the seagull were flying backwards. It was difficult to breathe let alone hold the camera still enough to get a shot. Gusts of up to 70mph had been predicted.

15637756163_485e7be0c7_b.jpg

16255819511_a31e94ed5b_b.jpg

Are Hares a common sight on the beach....??

Sand dunes and soft cliffs are so I reckon they could be although I reckon its not natural for them to be by the actual sea

Ive seen lots of  rabbits on the west cliff of Whitby at night but not by day so to see one by the sea itself would not be out of the way

Wildlife on Chesil beach, Weymouth and Portland

http://www.thefleetobserver.co.uk/

The most common mammals to be found on the beach are rats and foxes. One animal you wouldn’t expect to find on Chesil is the hare, however they live and breed quite happily and can often be see running along the beach. There have even been seals recorded sitting on the beach and in the Fleet during the summer months.

There have been 300 species of flowering plants recorded on Chesil and in the Fleet, the most obvious being the Thrift which creates a spectacular carpet of pink during May giving it its local name Sea Pink. Other more rarer species include Four-leafed Allseed, Sea Pea, Yellow-horned Poppy and Sea-kale, while the principle salt marsh plants are Seablite, Sea Purslane and Glasswort.

30 species of fish have been recorded in the Fleet including Bass, Grey Mullet, Two-spot Goby, Ballan Wrasse, Corkring Wrasse and Tompot Blenny.

Also to be found are 150 species of seaweed, 25 species of fish and 60 species of mollusc

I think that this shot should be published in the local paper, Im sure that local naturalists ( not Naturists) will be able to give you answers.

Looking at the beach, there seems to be quite a bit if greener about, could it be that fresh green forage inland is in shirt supply and that local hares have developed a taste for seaweed or samphire?

FUJI

And in the background if you listen carefully...

"Hare all going on a summer holiday, Hare all going for a week or two"

Matron says you get cheaper rates at this time of year too. :yes

Colin, you should be on the stage; preferably the next one out of town!         :rofl:

Archived