Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

WALKING THE WALK

FUJI

The severe freezing fog of Sunday morning offered plenty of Photo opportuinies.

Here is that perfectly shaped tree I posted a shot of a few weeks ago, but this time it is shrouded in fog and surrounded by frosty grass................I was a bit uptight about the figure walking into frame and made a mental note to crop him off......but somehow, he makes the shot....hence my title:

Best viewed Large.....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-07546900-1420537187.jpg

I like both versions, a lot. But, I feel the original is the better, as the figure is made both smaller (physically) and yet more compelling (psychologically) as he is walking into a great expanse of mist, where the sky meets the ground and the trees fade out. I also like the square format better too.

I do hope you've kept the original Fuji, and merely duplicated it to do the crop? 

LOL! Chris......

I just KNEW, that you would do this.........Yes.......I have both versions saved as large PSD files......

Now, you have me wondering, which one should I have professionally printed?

FUJI

LOL! Chris......

I just KNEW, that you would do this.........Yes.......I have both versions saved as large PSD files......

Now, you have me wondering, which one should I have professionally printed?

FUJI

For me, the first one. Its proportions are absolutely perfect. I mean that - perfect. The more I look at it, the better it seems to be. One of your best shots IMNSHO.

(I'm no slave to the Rule of Thirds, as you know, but I've just used a digital measuring tool on your first image, and the solitary figure is perfectly positioned on the vertical AND horizontal axis).

I think this image looks great, improved further by the crop. The walker is situated nicely in the frame. The path leads me nicely throug the image to the trees. Some great contrasts. Really nice capture.

Normally I don't like lots of nothingness at the top of a photo but I'm with Chris on this, the fog looks so much more real with the white space and makes you peer through it to find the horizon finally picking out the walker below.

Keep it as Fuji it is - its a winner. :thumbsup:

I like them all........

I'm just confused now.......must go for a lie down.

Unless of course the Korkymeister can adjudicate?

FUJI

Korky's with me on this. I had a little word in Matron's ear, something to the effect of "... available tickets ... free trip to brewery ...". He knows it makes sense ;)

Archived