Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SATURATION POINT

FUJI

Kenilworth Castle is famous for once being having the largest water defences in Europe,a huge defensive Mere spread around almost three sides, the remaining portions having banks and deep moats. In 1266 it was the scene of the Longest Siege in English History....when the local Barons led by Simon De-Montford junior held out against the armies of King Henry III for over six months.....its a long story but it ended up with England having the Parliament that we know today......Google it if your into HIstory:

Every few years, there is a feasability study on the blocking of the 11th Century Dam (Breeched by Colonel Hawksworth after the Engish Civil War) and the reinstatement of the huge defensive lake or Mere.........there is yet another study going through now......this first shot shows how it may look.........the real Mere would be much larger and deeper.

Compare this with my other photographs taken from the same place after dry weather:

Best viewd LARGE...Click on Pics:

FUJI

post-4-0-28121000-1353929601_thumb.jpg

Hi, Steve,

I went out just recording the effects of the flooding in my immediate area, I did take others but the other shot I chose didn't upload because of the hitch when logging on so I left it out.

The pic, is straight out f camera except for essential Post RAW processing and sharpening.......read my text.....it explains all.

Now!.......if you want to have a bash, and give it a dash of HDR, or a push here and.....please do.

FUJI

I'm willing to bet you know every inch of the castle?

IMHO I don't think I would have cropped out the fence, not only does is it add fg interest but also gives a sense of security, keep out, trespassers beware etc. It may benefit from brightening a tad though (the fence that is), I know you say it is straght from the camera but there appears to be a lot of vignette that isn't really needed.

Me being far too clever PHIL......I was attempting to create the effect of. Graduated ND Filter....the front area of the pic was a bit dark, caused by unavoidable shadows.

Me know the Castle?......Hope so.......Born and bred here......live just around the corner, and used to perform as the Tudor Toy Maker in front if hundreds of families and tourists on high days and holidays..........I've still got me RUFF and TIGHTS ;-)

FUJI

Archived