Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

What is Santa bringing you ?

JHFoto

Leon get the Apple Lightning - SD reader for the iPad. Really cool for editing images from your DSLR when you're out and about....assuming you can prise if from her :-) 

I have a galaxy tab thanks... non of the fruit poo for me....  I like to have a memory card I can change whenever I feel free I HATE anything apple with a passion!

thanks for the tip though :)

If you don't mind rebooting to do some work in CS6, that makes sense. Having said that, Parallels releases its memory when you switch to another app so it doesn't actually slow your Mac down. 

Pixelmator doesn't do nearly everything that Photoshop does, but it's a graphics editor with full layer/text/filter/adjustments support, and costs around £30 or so, so you might find yourself using that for 75% or more of your image editing work, unless you regularly do complex edits.

I probably will mind which is why I may at some future point buy Parallels!

Chris - I currently use CS and Adobe In-design for work as much as pleasure, I'm hoping to do a little freelance work from home. The portable CS6 belongs to the company, I bought LR last year but that too is Windows based I also have Photomatix Pro along with one or to or programmes that I don't often use but would still like the option.

I have a galaxy tab thanks... non of the fruit poo for me....  I like to have a memory card I can change whenever I feel free I HATE anything apple with a passion!

Me too... :)

You see I find that a very narrow minded thing to say - I know its quite common - but I still find it odd and never quite understand anyone who thinks that way. 

Do you actually, honestly hate every single product they make regardless - baring in mind that they make a few and they cover a fair few quite varied product types.

I ask because I bought an all-in-one when I needed a computer that had a small footprint, was easy to move (it sits on our dining room table when in use and goes on a sideboard when we need the pace) and had a fantastic screen for my photography. I had been using a high end Dell laptop but wanted something better. I did a fair amount of online research, asked people who had them and looked at several in shops. I ended up with a 21.5" iMac as it was (in my opinion) the very best I could get for the money I had available at the time. The fact it was made by Apple didn't really swing it, I had used and owned Windows computers since the start so it would have been easier to get to grips with a new one of them but the particular combination of specs swung it in favour of the Mac. Its three years old now and (touch wood) has never missed a beat, still handles any file I chuck at it and I along with my wife who hated it at first have both come to love the simplicity of the OS.

If I had 'hated Apple' and simply dismissed the iMac I may not have ended up with as complete a machine as I now have - I might - but I can say I made an educated and open minded choice.

That's odd Leon - I never had you down as a troll? In my experience, only trolls make such completely irrational remarks! (Usually based on jealousy, except for the spotty pre-adolescent gamers who only get pleasure from building their own machines including the latest whizz-bang graphics cards that deliver 127.8 frames per second on Call of Auto Theft XXIII ...).

• Like 1

Well, I was totally blown away with my after dinner present today. Great day with all the family around but after dinner, I had to go into a corner and very rudely ignor them as my much better half presented me with a Nikon D3300!!! I had planned to upgrade my ageing D40 later this year but this was an amazing surprise.

• Like 1

That's odd Leon - I never had you down as a troll? In my experience, only trolls make such completely irrational remarks! (Usually based on jealousy, except for the spotty pre-adolescent gamers who only get pleasure from building their own machines including the latest whizz-bang graphics cards that deliver 127.8 frames per second on Call of Auto Theft XXIII ...).

Think there may be an insult there somewhere?.... anyway I had an iphone for a year after having android for the previous 5 or 6 years I just could not get along with it, even simple tasks like adding a photo album to it took for ever and generally ended up in loosing half of the pictures I had to start with... android devices you just remove a memory card or plug in using usb and add or remove whatever you want... as for desktops I had a imac classic back in ghe day... to add a music file WITHOUT using itunes?....

I realise its all about personal choice I choose to stick to android, and I have NEVER been jelouse of a person in my life

Think there may be an insult there somewhere?.... anyway I had an iphone for a year after having android for the previous 5 or 6 years I just could not get along with it, even simple tasks like adding a photo album to it took for ever and generally ended up in loosing half of the pictures I had to start with... android devices you just remove a memory card or plug in using usb and add or remove whatever you want... as for desktops I had a imac classic back in ghe day... to add a music file WITHOUT using itunes?....

I realise its all about personal choice I choose to stick to android, and I have NEVER been jelouse of a person in my life

Well, now the picture's changed! You've given personal subjective but quite reasonable arguments for why you don't choose to use Apple products... But before you said, and I quote, "I HATE anything apple with a passion!" which however you cut it, is not a reasonable statement!!

As for 'adding music files without using iTunes'? Easy. You just download an alternative music player. You can get Windows Media Player (free) for Mac if you really want that, and you can download from places like Amazon, eMusic, Spotify etc and just specify that you don't want your downloads to be imported to iTunes. Then you can play them using the media player of your choice - which doesn't have to be iTunes - for example you can just play them in Preview if that's your inclination. 

I've never owned a smartphone, so I can't comment on your experience with that, but if you were already used to Android it's easy to see your frustrations in using a different system.

The bottom line is unarguable: if it wasn't for the iPhone, Android smartphones wouldn't exist. If it wasn't for the iPad, other tablets (yes, I know Microsoft tried it a lot earlier but it was a miserable failure, just like the Zune) wouldn't now have such a large market share. If it wasn't for the Macintosh, Windows wouldn't exist, and if it wasn't for OS X, Windows would still look like ME or 98 or some such disaster. You may hate Apple all you like, but they are the reason why the alternatives you use actually exist in a stylish and usable form.