Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I want to upgrade camera

I am an amateur photographer and having enjoyed last years Christmas present, this year I have the urge to upgrade my camera.

Last year I got a Kodak AZ526 bridge camera and I was mostly impressed with the 52X optical zoom. I want to sell off my camera and pay the difference for a new better camera this year. My budget is £150-£200(plus what I get for the camera). Is there anything out there with a good zoom that can sort of be compared to the Kodak? Also, I want to move away from bridge cameras. Any suggestions?

Thanks

For the price you're looking at you're not going to get a decent zoom range on anything other than a bridge and to be honest your Kodak is worthless - or very nearly so that won't help.

You could look into used deals but you'll need to be very careful and have a very good idea exactly what you're buying g before you hit the button.

You could get an entry level DSLR with a short zoom and add another later - that will give you the quality jump you're after but they start at about £250 so will depend how tight your budget is.

Or get a good bridge camera as opposed to your Kodak which to be fair is awful - that option will give you more features a sharper lens and a better sensor while keeping a good zoom.

• Like 1

To get the best deal within your price take a good look around the net listing suitable cameras, Fuji for example have a range of lower priced reconditioned cameras on their web site that can offer good value

http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/refurbished-digital-cameras

I would also use price comparison sites for Canon / Nikon 

There are some very good superzooms around, but BP's advice on sensor size should be heeded: I have a Panasonic superzoom, the FZ38, which has 18x optical zoom (up to 36x if you switch its Extended Zoom on), but the sensor is very small. Ok, it's only 12MP so it's not overcrowded with pixels, but even so it performs pretty badly in low light.

You need to decide what your shooting priorities are, and then decide what camera to buy. The choices are:

1. •  1. superzoom (bridge) cameras : long zoom but small sensors (except FZ1000 which is a BIG camera!) so quality suffers
  2. •  2. enthusiast fixed lens compacts : bigger sensors, higher quality, limited zoom range
  3. •  3. mirrorless system cameras : take different lenses so you can build a system as funds permit; some are quite small but not within your budget
  4. •  4. DSLRs : large sensors but again, not within your budget unless you buy second hand and then build by adding lenses over time

And don't forget that phone cameras are getting better all the time.

(The list functions are totally ineffective grrrrr - despite seeing a numbered list I had to add my own bullet points then numbers!)

Edited by ChrisLumix
  • Like 1

personally ifI were you I would do what I did, buy 2nd hand.

I picked up a canon 1000d for £100 then bought a couple of lenses...

if you cannot live without the zoom range why not looh for a good bridge as people say above, stick with the better brand like Sony, Fuji, Panasonic, Canon ect...  if you want to progress in photography, maybe look for one that will take a flash and filters? (a thread on the front of the lens)  my friend has a Nikon Bridge but she can't use filters so she never uses it..