Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

ILLUMINATING HISTORY

FUJI

Most of you know that I live next door to one of England's most famous Castles, because of that, it just becomes part of the every day scene, we locals take little notice of it whilst tourists, travellers and historians drool over it.

Today was special, the mid afternoon winter's light and the clouds, were perfect, our famous, romantic ruin was lit just like a stage set, it was just begging to be photographed.

This is one of a series, I have chosen to process two of the best, both in colour, and in mono.....this will take time.

Here then, is the first of the colour versions..............you all know that landscape isn't my forte....

Some may see walls and towers leaning, but please remember that the oldest part (The Keep) was built in 1126....during the Civil War the Keep had a wall blown out with gunpowder and all except the relatively younger Gatehouse left to go to ruin........I have kept the curtain wall level.

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic.

FUJI

P.S. seeing it reproduced here it is a fair bit darker than my original......something to do with Posting reduction I think?

Hope the second version is better?

post-4-0-59757000-1417987540.jpg

post-4-0-23309800-1417988705.jpg

Thank you both....

I admit to being very puzzled by how this photograph looks on my desktop and how it reproduces here.

On my desktop, the one ai use for processing, the pic is vibrant good natural saturation and colour range......on the same screen, but after posting here ( and on my iPad) as a reduced JPEG, the Colours are muddy and lifeless......this isn't happening with other photographs posted.

As I say, very puzzling and annoying.

I am wondering if I an inadvertently messing with the RAW colour profile during conversion to JPEG......I did switch my PC to Photoshop Colour Pronthe other day.....on the advice of a photographer.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

I gave another castle view to process, I will see what happens to that.

FUJI

P.S. seeing it reproduced here it is a fair bit darker than my original......something to do with Posting reduction I think?

Hope the second version is better?

Posting compresses, but it doesn't darken. I have to say that both versions look EXACTLY the same to me.

And in neither of them does the colour look muddy, nor does it look dark. Both (identical) pictures look fine to me.

Archived