Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BIG YIN!

FUJI

Yes!.....I know, it's that bloomin' moggie again  :yes

Since Pauln became a member I have been very impressed with his unique low-key colour processing, he has given me instructions o exactly how he does it.......but, this is my own method based upon that:

I just wish I could persuade our photogenic giant of a moggie to pose in front of a black background, but, moggies aren't as compliant as pooches.....I guess it is the same for Pauln when he visits a Zoo, poor BG's that require darkening without it being apparent on the finished image.

Putting a black or near balck BG to a furry animal isnt easy.

Best viewed LARGE.........Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-74276400-1417204205.jpg

Thank you, all.............I will attend to those corners as soon as I return to my desktop PC Phil, thank you for pointing them out.

Big Ollie, sits on the garden bench awaiting calls for meals or treats, the shed roof is his other preferred lookout point.

Because he patrols a very large area that includes fields woodland and gardens he is very, very, twitchy, forever on the alert with his senses tuned in to any happening.

It is useless trying to persuade him to look into the lens, instead I watch and wait......here, he was responding naturally to a noise in the back lane, I caught the moment.

Bringing the garden background down for me was a combination of using curves, exposure, levels and contrast, all brushed on in separate layers whilst keeping his furry edges as they should be......it took ages.

FUJI

There's a couple of areas needing attention in the top corners but apart from that...  :thumbup:

I do not mind that as it gives the impression of a natural background and not just a solid black fill.

If I were to be picky about processing technique which I was not in my first post as I like to be polite (but as it as been brought up),it would be about the red pixels of the original background along the top of the head and ears and white blooming on the tip of the right ear. I'd suggest the desaturate tool on those areas..

Archived