Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Image size test

Thunderer

Tried to upload this image from my IPad several times but got message that the file was too big. But loading from my laptop it has loaded OK.

Any ideas why this should happen please?

The point of loading this image was to ask about how to get prophotoRGB files to look OK after converting to sRGB for web display. The browns and other web colours have changed very noticeably.

But a file of mainly blue has altered only slightly. I will now post the "blue" file which looks OK as an sRGB file.

Jeff

post-1101-0-13184100-1416576733.jpg

As BP advised.....get the........IMAGE RESIZER .....app, then you resize pics for posting on here to 1024 mp the longest side, save to photos, then upload to TIPF.

Very occasionally it might need to be taken down to 1000mp instead, especially if the pic as been processed heavily.

FUJI

Its not always obvious on the iPad but the file might be quite large - install something like the Resize Photo app so you can set the exact pixel dimensions.

That is what I used to resize for the IPad. ie reduced pixels to 1000 x 750 and altered quality to get under 300K.

I then saved and the file appeared in Moments - Today and it was that file I tried to upload and got the too big file message.

I much prefer my IPad to lap top but do find it less than intuitive to use!!!

Jeff

As BP advised.....get the........IMAGE RESIZER .....app, then you resize pics for posting on here to 1024 mp the longest side, save to photos, then upload to TIPF.

Very occasionally it might need to be taken down to 1000mp instead, especially if the pic as been processed heavily.

FUJI

That is what I use

That is what I used to resize for the IPad. ie reduced pixels to 1000 x 750 and altered quality to get under 300K.

I then saved and the file appeared in Moments - Today and it was that file I tried to upload and got the too big file message.

I much prefer my IPad to lap top but do find it less than intuitive to use!!!

Jeff

I just checked. What I use is "photo resized" which enables pixels dimensions and quality to be adjusted and there is a constant updating of the file size.

Jeff

FUJI

I use "photo resizer" which enables pixels dimensions and quality to be adjusted to get to the file size required.

I'll check out image resizer

Jeff

That is what I use

I just checked. What I use is "photo resized" which enables pixels dimensions and quality to be adjusted and there is a constant updating of the file size.

Jeff

Getting in a muddle . Actually the app is "photo resize"

Jeff

Archived