Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Opinions please

Jon

I've been toying with the 365 idea for a while, and seeing the varied output on here has certainly made me give it more thought.

Do you think that it has helped with how you think about taking photos, composition etc?

Has it helped you see potential photos?

I feel that I'm going to the same places and taking variations of the same shot quite a lot, and I'm thinking it might give me the impetus to try new things.

I do feel a bit intimidated by the idea, and I'm notoriously fickle.

Ta

Jon

The first and most important thing to remember is that unless you have very little else to do you have to accept that somedays the picture will not be a great picture and if like me you are running a flickr thread and posting all the images on facebook you will have to post the good the bad and the ugly.

Somedays I have found it a royal pain in the rear. I have taken a picture of a cup of coffee more than once just so I have a picture of the day.

on the plus side i am very comfortable with my camera now and have found pictures in places where I would never have found them before

Jon

when i started my 366 i had no idea how to use a camera properly. I couldnt get my head around apertures and iso and shutterspeeds and how to set them. I also had no idea what to look for in an image. I have gained so much knowledge doing this. i now can pick up my camera to take a shot and automatically set iso and shutterspeeds and apertures rather than spending so much time trying to remember what to do i missed the shot. I also look at things very differently, i see possible photographs everywhere ... having to find something to photograph everyday forces me to look at the world from different angles. I take a camera with me just about everywhere i go ( if at all possible). I have learned how better to frame photos and to think about the angle and the look of the shot.

The only downside is that some days when you just dont have the time, its hard to make yourself take a quick shot and post it, when perhaps you are not 100% happy with it. so long as you understand that not every day is going to be a masterpiece you will gain a lot from doing a 366. You will also drive yourself and everyone around you nuts and will have days when you think why the hell did i start this .... but thats par for the course. :)

Hope this helps and if you decide to go ahead i look forward to seeing your pictures

i think part of the photographer thingy is that you have to work harder when shooting the same scene over and over again. it is part of the challenge in taking photographs and improving as a photographer.

looking for different angles, using different settings, choosing colour or black & white or even the likes of duotone etc for your images.

everyone can take a snap shot of something, but a photographer looks at all the options then takes the shot.

even looking around the house i reckon there is well over 365 items that can be used as subjects for a series of shots.

a flower may have been a subject used but try different sorts of lighting, from candle light to torch to flash or desk lamp, shoot on a bright sunny day in front of the window or on a dull/rainy day outside. use the light source from below, above, behind, in front of, on the right and left to achieve all different and interesting effects.

doing 'a shot a day' takes a lot of commitment and thought not only to make it interesting for you but also the viewer that will be looking at the final image, thats why i don't do it.

the main point is to have fun while choosing and shooting, if it's not fun then it will soon get boring and become a chore.

whatever you decide, good luck.

geoff

This is something that I keep thinking about doing too Jon, then wonder about doing 1 a week instead!

Think as everyone has said it will be both a massive learning curve and an incredible pain as well as a general eye opener to the everyday possibilities......... if you do decide to do it, I will do one with you if you like!

regards

Hazel