Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

xmas wish list?

Leon

I want the government to make the world a better place by only allowing Christmas every five years. And then phasing it out altogether.

Or am I just a miserable sod?

Korky

With you on this one.....Maybe it could be phased out after just three years :) :) :)

In 10 years time, being digital, all those expensive cameras will be obsolete and only hold their price if they are considered collectors cameras to display in glass cases. Their technology will be entry level by then, just as with computers, which is what they really are nowadays, computers with lenses. I wonder how many of them will keep being used for decades like the old film cameras?

At least they are not as useless as gold plated cameras, which unless you are an oil sheik you dare not use in case they get scuffed!

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Camera-China-Republic-Gold-Limited,news-5659.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=gold+plated+cameras&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=38625945&biw=1536&bih=862&wrapid=tlif135343645014110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=Ms2rUJmIDKKc0AWm1IHACA

Gold plated cameras are about as pointless as a gold plated hammer to knock nails in with!

DaveW :laughing:

I want the government to make the world a better place by only allowing Christmas every five years. And then phasing it out altogether.

Or am I just a miserable sod?

Korky

Probably yes

I just want the goverment to stop trying to help me into poverty with their half baked ideas

Guest Salvatore

Haha.......only the anniversary but what the heck :)

I'm just a miserable old goat at this time of the year as I work for a company that respects all religious festivities other than that of christians.

That's another story though .

Decades ago some of the newer immigrants to the UK were claiming their religions should also have their religious holidays in addition to the Christian ones already recognised. A chap I knew who was a Catholic said if they had a holiday for each of their saints days they would never be at work! I am afraid in the modern world holidays need to be set for the majority need of populations and industries, not the antiquated religious practices of all faiths. In the todays world you cannot give people time off to keep praying every few hours in working time, your religion needs to be practiced in your own time since it's unfair to other workers who do not get the same time out of their working day. I can also see that other "antiquated religion" smoking, where people are having a smoking break outside whilst non smokers are still working will also being ended as unfair in future. If we intend to let all these out dated observances rule our supposedly secular society, maybe we should adopt Voodoo work breaks as well? :rofl:

Even many of the supposed Christian religious holidays are a fraud. "Christmas" is simply a pagan festival Christians adopted, because whenever Christ was born it was not December 25th, plus even if it had of been since Christ's time the callendar dates we then used were changed anyway. In S. America, since the Catholics could not stop the population celebrating festivals like the Inca "Day of the Dead" they adopted it on the old principle "if you cant beat em join em", something religions have always done. Even religious teaching is modified over time as science proves it's old beliefs fallacious. Moving their gods from up in the clouds where they used to dwell and since proved wrong in the space age, to somewhere out in the universe not yet reached which cannot yet be contradicted. Creationism has largely been replaced by Darwinism among most thinking persons and religions are modifying their beliefs to accommodate it.

By all means keep religious values, but even these often predated the religion and are often shared by most religions, but cut out the mumbo jumbo surrounding them in a secular society. Whilst we may hold whatever religious beliefs and rituals we want in private, we should not try and impose them on others. Lets enjoy Christmas for whatever it always was in Britain, a traditional winter feast that predated Christianity and most other religions here.

http://www.novelier.com/xmas.html

Happy Christmas winter break to all religions, including those without any!

DaveW