Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Project 366 2012 Day 318 Wood

By some wierd coincidence I took a series of very similar shots of a couple of tree stumps yesterday........I haven't processed them yet but remember thinking at the time that it isn't easy to manoeuvre until lighting or background are right.

I think to move in much closer to concentrate on that rotting core may have been better, there are some wonderful shades of brown and great textures in there.

Keep them coming Heather.

FUJI

hi Guys, i appreciate its not the best of images but it was taken as part of my 366 project. I have posted every single picture i have taken in this project on here and will continue to do so, good or bad, till i finish.

I have had an awful lot on my plate for the last few weeks and as such the photography has been a little " grab a shot for the day", lately, but im determined to finish the project no matter what. Not making excuses just explaining.

fuji thanks for the tips i may try this again another day when things have settled down and i have more time.

salvatore and steve, thanks for your input

Guest Salvatore

I do something similar called Area 52.

It's only one shot a week but even that can prove difficult at times so I understand fully your plight.

Keep them coming.....it's a worthy quest.

Sorry just cant see the point of taking an image " Just Because " as this tends to be the first image you look at, and you then take it anyway and work on it for processing, with the results being very poor,

So there is no self achievement there, just MHO of course...

steve the self achievement is in having the dedication to take a picture every day no matter what else is going on in your world. Its also in learning more about your camera and your abilities. Not every picture will be a fantastic or perfect picture as its all a learning curve.

I would suggest that perhaps you try doing something like this yourself before you start being critical of others doing it.

Oh and for the record this wasnt the first picture i took, it was just the best of a not very good session of photography, however in order to complete the challenge you have to have a picture every day to use.

having said that this image has recieved some very nice comments on other sites from other photographers so i guess its all in the eye of the beholder as they say.

Sorry just cant see the point of taking an image " Just Because " as this tends to be the first image you look at, and you then take it anyway and work on it for processing, with the results being very poor,

why cant you see the point in taking an image just because? sometimes you have a fixed idea of what you want to photograph sometimes you are just out with the camera and try some new stuff.

do you have a particular genre of photography that you stick to or do you try lots of different types of photography?

Sorry Heather, as said just MHO, as always, I would never set myself the task, as if I dont have the time to give to my camera, I wont use it, we all use our equipment to suit our moods,

Im not being critical, and again as a moderator I would hope you see that im being constructive in my replies, as "for me" if your in the wrong mood, or dont have the time to look at photography in your day, then to have to grab the camera, take an image, process and post would seem very annoying if your busy, so that sends the wrong signal and may make you dislike your results, and eventually make you not spend quality time making images..

I would hope that all your images get an equal grade of comment, as we all have our differing likes and dislikes in an image..

sorry steve but being a moderator doesnt mean i cant voice my opinions too. Also i would say that this comment is a) critical and b) not in the least constructive

Guest Salvatore

Commitment I think is the word people have overlooked here.......

Heather took it upon herself to dedicate or pledge herself to a cause and a worthy one at that.

I would say that photography besides to be perfect in all we do for a whole 365 days is nigh on impossible.

People should be in awe and totally supportive in her quest.

Go girl.....

I learned a very long time ago that certain Native American Indians would never make a perfect job of anything.......their philosophy is that to leave a flaw here and there proves that you aren't supernatural.

The 365 challenge is cross between a bit of a lark and a real go at attempting to find something anything to photograph on a daily basis, and then posting them on here partly for fun and entertainment, along the way there is a steep learning curve.......and being human, all participants have their off days ( don't we all?) but post their mistakes they do.......take it in the spirit intended and we can all learn something.

As for me......I would never be happy doing the challenge Im not disciplined enough.....that doesn't stop me taking a camera out on a daily basis......a thing you can do when fully retired.......

Life is too short.......Enjoy it!

FUJI

Ok fair enough, all coments taken on board, but I've always been taught that " A Bad image, no matter what you do in post processing, will always be a bad image"

Maybe im wrong in offering my opinion on the image, but thats my take on it, if its critical ( on which I did mention just My Humble Opinion ) then read it as you like

Im no way is it to offend..

Im no way is it to offend.

then perhaps you should learn a little tact and diplomacy and not always use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

your posts tend to be very abrupt and quite frankly rude at times.

I was always taught " a spoonful of sugar always helps the medicine go down" in other words try to phrase things a little more pleasantly and you may find that people will view your "humble opinions" and " advise" in a far more postive light............................ just my humble opinion of course.

then perhaps you should learn a little tact and diplomacy and not always use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

your posts tend to be very abrupt and quite frankly rude at times.

I was always taught " a spoonful of sugar always helps the medicine go down" in other words try to phrase things a little more pleasantly and you may find that people will view your "humble opinions" and " advise" in a far more postive light............................ just my humble opinion of course.

If you place a poor image on here and want 10 people to say its "Great" then ok, I would much rather have 5 People offer their "Real" thoughts,

As I put in this thread, I think its a poor image, Its a log, I personally dont feel the image was taken very well, I can paint the comments in gold, but they still read the same...

I dont feel that a lot of thought went into the image, I cant say that any nicer than that..

If you take offense in Honesty, then sorry..

Sorry but 3 times now you have made this a personal attack, I have passed comment on the images put in front of me..

Im not saying that your poor at your images, or that you cant operate the camera etc etc, Im commenting on the image

Your a Moderator, and your getting personal,

i think you will find Steve that what im trying to do is explain how your posts come across and have asked you look at how you phrase things. You have suggested that i find honesty offensive and also been rude regarding the project that im doing. Im a moderator yes, that doesnt mean i cant voice my honest opinion the same as you can. if its good enough for you its good enough for me.

i dont take offence at honesty, others have given constructive critiscm and im fine with it, what i do take offence at is blatent rudeness which seems to be something you excel at

Please tell me the bit where your "Asking" me to look at my comments,

Blatent Rudeness, sorry but commenting honestly on an image is not Rudeness..

and to say that I excel at it.. again another personal attack,

Please pick on my images that I put up.. not at me!!

hen perhaps you should learn a little tact and diplomacy and not always use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. your posts tend to be very abrupt and quite frankly rude at times. I was always taught " a spoonful of sugar always helps the medicine go down" in other words try to phrase things a little more pleasantly and you may find that people will view your "humble opinions" and " advise" in a far more postive light............................ just my humble opinion of course.

there u go, im sure you have already read this as you have quoted it back to me anyway

the rudeness was in your other comments not in the comments regarding the image,although as ive said above, you do come across as very abrupt and rude at times in your comments on peoples images.

actually saying you excel at something isnt a personal attack its merely me voicing my humble opinion

as a final footnote i would say that if you dont feel you can tone your comments and replies to come across less rude, i would suggest you refrain from commenting on my posts in future .. thankyou

Archived