Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The barn door

fuzzyedges

This study has made me think Fuzzy......Why?

Recently I picked up a copy of.......20th CENTURY PHOTOGRAPHY..... a very fat paperback filled with what are considered to be the Creme-de-la-creme of European Photography.......published by Taschen featuring the collections from Museum Ludwig Cologne. ( well worth owning)

Within is a definitive collection of example photographs from almost every top photographer of the 20th Century.......many initiate gasps of admiration and wonder, whilst others make a viewer think, plus many that leave one wondering WHY. ........What on earth can be seen in......Out of focus........Badly composed.........obviously bad photography......but ALL seen by someone as ART???

The blurb beneath the worst especially is so obscure it can be unreadable, or not understood.

Your shot here reminded me of a whole series of shots of just......Half Timbered German Houses.....nothing but, created by husband and. Wife photographers Herd and Hilla Becher......( look them up) ......the photographs are ok, but only if you are interested in the development of half timbered buldings......or.....you would like a dozen almost identical photograohs on your wall.

Your Barn Door, is. Very interesting for it textures, and the story that might be imagined by a study of the scars and marks of years of use?

I like it, because of that, whilst others may puzzle over just why you chose to record a battered barn door in preference perhaps to a more attractive? landscape close by?

The sad thing is.....that you haven't been recognised by some Art Critic, Gallery or, someone with ARTY connections, so your shot will remain that of being....just a....Barn Door.

Now! If on the other hand you had been recognised, your Barn Door would be heaped with praise, you would receive worldwide commissions and regognition in the ART WORLD.

Funny old world........isnt't it?

We can only Ponder?

FUJI

Archived