Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ailsa Craig

chorleyjeff

From Arran.

A grab shot.

But I like the bonnet of cloud.

Having been a long time film photographer I have an aversion to grain in Landscape photos. But does the noise/grain in this picture ruin it for you?

Cheers

Jeff

That picture has a WOW factor - great capture.

I don't find the grain intrusive on two counts : 1) I'm a Lumix FZ superzoom user (noise is a fact of life - in fact, your grain is very like Lumix grain  :lol: ) and 2) as a film photographer, I remember we generally just had to put up with grain rather than obsess about it. In fact, some photographers used it very creatively.

An image well up to many that grace ....... photography history books........or........Photography Text Books.....

One for any gallery.

One eyed FUJI

You are too kind !

It is when I come to print out at A3 that I am found out.

Cheers

Jeff

That picture has a WOW factor - great capture.

I don't find the grain intrusive on two counts : 1) I'm a Lumix FZ superzoom user (noise is a fact of life - in fact, your grain is very like Lumix grain  :lol: ) and 2) as a film photographer, I remember we generally just had to put up with grain rather than obsess about it. In fact, some photographers used it very creatively.

I had a Lumix FZ28 which I liked a lot but fell between two ideals ie noticeble lack of top quality when printed to about A3 but too big a camera, with hood fitted which was a bind to put on in a hurry, to fit inmy pocket.

Regarding grain I have no problem with it in documentary/sport/street photography but it seems, to me, to get in the way in Landscape photos.

Cheers

Jeff

I had a Lumix FZ28 which I liked a lot but fell between two ideals ie noticeble lack of top quality when printed to about A3 but too big a camera, with hood fitted which was a bind to put on in a hurry, to fit inmy pocket.

Regarding grain I have no problem with it in documentary/sport/street photography but it seems, to me, to get in the way in Landscape photos.

Cheers

Jeff

Yes, I can understand both of these points. I got my FZ38 because it gave me all the zoom I could ever want, in one (lightish) camera. But you're quite right about the size, though anything with a large sensor capturing the same focal range would require a suitcase full of lenses. The sacrifice of quality at large magnification is the inevitable price one pays. Luckily I only ever view on a computer monitor so print quality is not relevant.

I also agree that grain is least desirable in most landscapes.

Archived