Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Silver-washed Fritillary #2.

JohnP

I'm glad I managed to find out how unusual this Valezina form of the Silver-washed Fritillary is, it's always special to find something out of the ordinary. Strange how I only mentioned in the shout box before I left to find butterflies... it would be nice to find something unusual... :yes

post-19-0-48842700-1406014324.jpg

Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Sigma macroflash,1/160s f/16.0 at 100.0mm iso100

Stunning capture John. You must be well pleased

Thank you Terry!  Pleased in more ways than one... pleased with the shots I took and even more pleased just to see this form of the female Silver-washed Fritillary, only about 10% of females are Valezina's... (I'm not sure that's spelt with a 'Z' or an 'S' as I've seen both used). It's only thanks to you suggesting I Google the butterfly because of the odd colouring that I then went on to find out so much info.

John, that is a stunning capture, and what a lovely butterfly.......

Wonderful...

Thank you Annie!  This is my favourite capture this summer... mind you I've had about ten new species added to my files recently.... I seem to be on a roll lately. I wonder what I'll come up with tomorrow, I'm hoping to get to the Forest of Dean again, anyone would think I like the place... :lol:

Thank you Annie!  This is my favourite capture this summer... mind you I've had about ten new species added to my files recently.... I seem to be on a roll lately. I wonder what I'll come up with tomorrow, I'm hoping to get to the Forest of Dean again, anyone would think I like the place... :lol:

I'm going to give myself a challenge today and try and find either the same butterfly of one similar in the same area. I would imagine it won't be easy considering how few of these there are... but I like a challenge... :yes

Good luck for that

Amazing!!!  I've got more photos of it, I'm sure it must be the same one as I spotted it about 100 yards away from where I photographed it on Monday. I can't believe it's another one, they are not very common especially away from southern counties like Hampshire and Dorset. I've only just got home and the shots are still on the camera, I will post some later. I've sweat cobs again today and I'm in dire need of a shower and a beer or three... :yes

Archived