Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Two more from the Farnes

Terry

Good captures Terry!  Interesting birds are Puffins, they spend most of their lives far out to sea. They only come ashore to breed in late April/early May and leave in early/mid August. Only one egg is laid, the puffling leaves the nesting burrow in early August under the cover of darkness (the parents never see it again) and spends about 5 years at sea never coming ashore. At 5-6 years of age they are ready to breed and come ashore to find a mate and pair for life.

Thanks for the info John. This is the first time I've actually seen Puffins, great little birds. It's coming to the end of the season on the Farnes but I've already decided to go back next year earlier in the season and do the all day photography trip. The amount of bird life on there is stunning and you can almost touch some of them. The only thing you need to careful of is being dive bombed and pecked by the Terns. They nest right next to the paths.

Are the puffins still there? When were these taken? Lovely images,, I love the Farnes but went a little too early this year. Might go back if the puffins are still there.

Hi Chrissy, these were taken on Tuesday. 

Great capture Terry..Love that Tern picture.

What about Gannets, where there any there?

Hi Annie, saw some Gannets flying about but none nesting

Thanks for the info John. This is the first time I've actually seen Puffins, great little birds. It's coming to the end of the season on the Farnes but I've already decided to go back next year earlier in the season and do the all day photography trip. The amount of bird life on there is stunning and you can almost touch some of them. The only thing you need to careful of is being dive bombed and pecked by the Terns. They nest right next to the paths.

I've only seen and photographed Puffins on the island of Skomer, off the Pembrokeshire coast. I've been several times. Did you know that last winter around 4500 Puffins died and were washed ashore in NE England, the severe gales mean't they couldn't catch Sandeels so they starved.

I've only seen and photographed Puffins on the island of Skomer, off the Pembrokeshire coast. I've been several times. Did you know that last winter around 4500 Puffins died and were washed ashore in NE England, the severe gales mean't they couldn't catch Sandeels so they starved.

That's more or less what the Warden on Inner Farne was telling me. However he did say the numbers nesting were well up on last year. You could see some of the adults starting to darken up around the face taking on the winter plumage. He also told me that when there was a lack of Sandeels they tried to feed the young with Bony Pipefish but the young were not capable of eating them, they were left in the nest and the young starved. He also told me they had a White Tailed Sea Eagle passing through last year that hung around for a couple of weeks, now that would be worth seeing If you ever get chance to go to the Farnes take it It's well worth while.

Archived