Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Before & After

Out for a wander along the river at Durham yesterday when Thomas wanted a picture taken of him being a monster in a dark passageway.

Quick grab shot with the K30 and 50mm meant I didn't have time to meter correctly and only got two shots before he ran off.

The big patch of bright light right behind him threw the metering out massively but because I always shoot RAW I was able to use LR to rescue a usable shot.

It really is amazing what can be achieved with modern sensors and software.

Before:

After:

The DR has been squashed dramatically and if viewed at 100% its grainy but for sharing and showing Thomas it is still more than good enough.

iPhone stops getting support along with Aperture next year when Yosemite launches in favour of Photo's - could lead to a great around bit of software.

Sorry - a total comprehension breakdown here! The iPhone is not supported?????!!!!!! Why would Aperture not be supported in Yosemite? What's "Photos" - a new Apple app that runs in both OS X and iOS? (If so, I wonder what the charging structure will be, considering iPhoto is free and Aperture not?)

Sorry typo - meant iPhoto.

Apple are stopping all support for Aperture and iPhoto when Yosemite launches in 2015 in favour of a new combined app called Photos.

Aperture will still exist and still work  but won't get any more updates - RAW support for new cameras etc.

iPhoto I'm guessing will vanish and become Photos once you upgrade your OS.

Even the larger version is very good - it really is gobsmacking just what can be done with RAW.

Such a shame about Aperture, it's an excellent bit of kit, but at the moment LRoom is just leaving it standing.

I understood Yosemite launches in the Autumn and all else is just rumour. As always, Apple's cards are close to their chest.

Korky

Sorry typo - meant iPhoto.

Apple are stopping all support for Aperture and iPhoto when Yosemite launches in 2015 in favour of a new combined app called Photos.

Aperture will still exist and still work  but won't get any more updates - RAW support for new cameras etc.

iPhoto I'm guessing will vanish and become Photos once you upgrade your OS.

Even the larger version is very good - it really is gobsmacking just what can be done with RAW.

Such a shame about Aperture, it's an excellent bit of kit, but at the moment LRoom is just leaving it standing.

I understood Yosemite launches in the Autumn and all else is just rumour. As always, Apple's cards are close to their chest.

Korky

I could upgrade from Snow Leopard (especially as Mavericks and Yosemite are free) but I'd lose Photoshop, CS2. On the other hand, if I invested in Snow Leopard Server - which Apple are selling at a giveaway price - and Parallels, I could still run Photoshop. The main point is, how much more of my software will become either redundant or problematic? It's a tricky one, especially as some people still think Snow Leopard is the best OS Apple have made, just like some people think Windows XP is still the best...

Archived