Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

WET WET WET

FUJI

Please accept this as a rescue excersise and as an example of what a little hard work can do afterwards....

The story:.... On sunday the weather here was really foul...dark skies and torrential rain for most of the day....I decided to risk soaking my little Leica lensed Panasonic LX5 to capture a series of Wet-Day captures.........I knew just where to stand; under the Waitrose trolley shelter...then wait:

All seemed to work well...... on the LCD I had captured a set of very wet views of folk dashing across the wet and shiny paving.......I left the scene soaking wet but happy after doing my shopping:

This morning...up at the crack of dawn (05:00 am), all set for pulling out the wet detail from the best shots................imagine my horror then, when I discovered that each one is as noisy as hell.................In frustration and disapointment I almost dumped the lot...but....then my Artistic streak kicked in and the rescue of one capture began.

Here, you see two versions of the same shot....the first given my usual CS3 treatment as described recently......all layers being used to emphasise just how wet it was:

The second is the same one given a TOPAZ filters Painterly softness which I quite like........not as a realistic view, but as near as dammit to a painting suitable for a typical magazine story:

I am still invesigating just why all my shots were almost too noisy to use...........can anyone tell me from lookng at the EXIF please?....Bearing in mind the foul conditions:

My hopes were for super-sharp Leica-like mono Street Photography with bags of umph!

Comments, views, advice...very welcome:

Cheers!

Best viewed LARGE....Click on pic:

i like these blurred pictures.....i often play with these filters but just don't have the confidence to actually post them.

suffering noise! me too....whats going on!

It's The BELLS!....the BELLS!....I tell you Esmerelda ;-)

Seriously though I am thinking that my camera might have been set on aperture priority and auto ISO.....high ISO = NOISE....must double check my camera settings:

FUJI

The EXIF isn't coming up - email me an original file from your camera and let me have a look.

same here only getting this

Exposure Time = 1/1000"

F Number = F2

Exposure Program = Not defined

ISO Speed Ratings = 200

Shutter Speed Value = 9.97 TV

Aperture Value = 2 AV

Brightness Value = 0 BV

Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV

Max Aperture Value = F1

Subject Distance = Unknown

Metering Mode = unknown

Flash = Off

Focal Length = 5.1mm

Color Space = Uncalibrated

Cheers! Blackrox............I appreciate your edit and comments.

Strangely enough, I did exactly the same in Topaz, but thought it took the edge off all the rain drop splashes, so I reverted back to a slightly less corrected version.

I only discovered the Topaz noise reduction slider this morning......LOVE TOPAZ......used sparingly of course.

FUJI

Archived