Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

High Pass

There has been a fair bit on the forum lately about the High Pass filter. So I thought I'd give it a go.

But first, a bit about our subject.

As you probably know, we in Victoria (Oz) have been in the grip of a drought for ages. One really hot day I was out watering the garden, when this lizard came flying out of the undergrowth and tried to lap up the water from the rocks. Being sandstone, the water soaked straight in, so I went indoors and got a dish of water for him. The sides were slippery and he couldn't get any, so I dipped into the water and he lapped from the end of my finger. His need overcame his fear. A very special moment for me. I don't know what sort he was but he was about 9 or 10 inches long. The original was taken with a Panasonic TZ6 Pocket camera.

I used the high pass very sparingly at 1.5.in PShop with a small curve adjustment.

What do you think?

post-850-0-94307500-1402128001.jpg

The Original

post-850-0-55904200-1402126997.jpg

1.5 High Pass with curve adjustment.

Hi, Brian,

WELL DONE! ......You on two counts....

One for demonstrating real sympathy for the thirsty lizard......a creature that not everyone might like.

Two for your excellent use of the ...,High Pass Filter....sparingly used for selective sharpening, it is a revelation, the crispness in shots improves greatly.

I'm not sure if a similar filter is available in Gimp or other free or cheaper Photo software?

A great story, wonderful pic and carefully thought out processing.......

FUJI

Looks good to me, taking a step further if you take the original and duplicate the layer you can then set the high pass on the duplicated layer and use the eraser tool to delete any section you don't wish to be highlighted. For eg if you wanted a really soft bg but a really sharp foreground all you would do is erase the filter covering the BG then flatten :)

Looks good to me, taking a step further if you take the original and duplicate the layer you can then set the high pass on the duplicated layer and use the eraser tool to delete any section you don't wish to be highlighted. For eg if you wanted a really soft bg but a really sharp foreground all you would do is erase the filter covering the BG then flatten :)

Thanks Paul. I'll give it a try. I might be over 70 but I'm still a baby at all this.

Love your chimp shots. I believe it's you that started all this. Well done!

Archived