Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

mixed bag

pauln

You have a very real talent...........................pics with very real general appeal, craft shows and like events are the way to go, if you can print at quality in small quantities................I think our Annie and Kate do it, they might be able to advise you on presentation ang packaging.

I apologise if you are already an expert in that ;-)

FUJI

i am highly proficient at printing.....i take my memory cards to sainsburys and they print them for me lol ;) i need to get a few portfolio folders made up but i really need more images to fill them. i was thinking about approaching some craft shops and seeing if they would sell for me for a commission,what do you think of that as an idea?

Hi, again Paul,

You can try that, but what you have to bear in mind is, that most retailers DOUBLE the price you charge for overheads and profit, before they pay you commission, and any stock left with them is dead stock to you.

A gallery on the other hand, on seeing your excellent work, may be able to display a few prints, then take orders for customers........and only taking a commission on actual sales.

My recommendation would be to take advice from members, Annie and Kate for the best way to approach craft events.......I used to do these on a regular basis, they can be a great way to slowly build up a business whilst holding down a regular job.

You obviously require.....transport, waterproof boxes, a paste table or tables, a good quality ( preferably sage green) table cover, another paste table laid on its side and zig-zagged makes an excellent double sided display area for photographs, the ones on the inside can be left in place for transport.

Cellophane envelopes, price labels, a cash tin, a float and a cash book, plus a chatty personality are then all you require......not forgetting that you will be paying the organiser rent for a day or weekend.

Bank Holiday Fairs can be run over three days........a good table can take over £100 a day if the goods are right......content, display, price and seller attitude are paramount.

Taking the first steps can be the most challenging, but once you have a couple of events under your belt, it becomes much easier.

FUJI

You have an exceptional talent for wildlife photography so my advice would be to mug up on Google about how to best sell such work. It may for example be a very crowded market but I'm sure there would always be room for work of this quality.

Hi, Pauln,

I had an interesting conversation with a Costa Coffee drinking mate this morning, he is a lifetime professional illustrator and wildlife artist, he is extremely impressed with your Primate photographs.

He grew up in South Africa and is a painter of Big Cats, he is very good, his work sells very well as paintings, prints and greetings cards...............He runs his own mini painting school and is a member of The British Wildlife Artists Association........he made a comment that you might like to consider.......

He thinks that your processing is spot on, but feels that if you lighten the Chimps .....just a tad......they would be even better from a sales point of view, he has helped me to improve my ( spare time) painting skills.

You obviously have a talent that stands out from the crowd, keep those amazing pics coming.

FUJI

Wow, Thank you, I don't really know what to say. It's always nice to hear someone likes your work but I wasn't expecting that. I'll certainly take his advice on board and lift the exposure in future. I'll upload some of my big cats later for you to have a look at because I'm always appreciative of any advice or criticism that will help me improve :)

Wow, Thank you, I don't really know what to say. It's always nice to hear someone likes your work but I wasn't expecting that. I'll certainly take his advice on board and lift the exposure in future. I'll upload some of my big cats later for you to have a look at because I'm always appreciative of any advice or criticism that will help me improve :)

Hi again Pauli,

I sent your....Big Cats ......pics to my graphic artist mate........he us full of praise for them.......I say it again......you have something special in the way that you process your subjects.

FUJI

Thank you, I genuinely don't know what to say.ive had my images up for sale on p4m for some time but I've never had a sale so it makes you doubt yourself after a while but knowing that there are people out there that think you've done a good job really makes it all worth while :)

Fantastic! I particularly like the tiger.

the tiger was manipulated, I used flood to give the reflection but the original image was a tiger stepping in to a small pool of water

Archived