Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

some more portraits

pauln

Paul.......these are exceptionally beautiful........I'm sure that a zoo, wildlife park or greetings card manufacturer would like to use them commercially.

Another idea is for you to join. REDBUBBLE......the online graphic arts seller........free to join, good fun to take part in, and with the potential to make a little pocket money......a whole range of printed goods are sold world wide.........look it up if you weren't aware of it.

You obviously enjoy taking photographs of Primates.......I can see your technique working on dog portraits too?

FUJI

Thanks Fuji, I did actually do some for this zoo for them to use on their website and to sell in their shop but they refused to pay me unfortunately by then I had already given them the high res images so it was too late, I just put it down to experience and requested that my watermark was not removed. I do have my images on photo4me but there are so many images on there that it's really hard to make a sale unless your images are editors choice. i wouldn't say i especially enjoy primates as such, its just they are the closest thing i can get to human models at the moment plus they do have a lot of character. im currently 33 and working in a job that i don't really enjoy so im working hard to try and make a living from photography,hopefully within the next 5-10 years i'll be able to give up my day job and do something i love but its pretty hard to get recognised.

Stunning pictures Paul, love the processing. Maybe one day you would consider doing a video tutorial of your technique for numpties like me who are slow learners!   :D

lol i don't know about numpties, there's some amazing images on here. i have done a written tutorial on one of my other threads titled "another portrait" :)

lol i don't know about numpties, there's some amazing images on here. i have done a written tutorial on one of my other threads titled "another portrait" :)

Hi, Pauln,

I can emphasise with your work/ vs photography turmoil, but don't wish your life away or get twitter and bisted.......it's just not worth it.

You seem to be going about things in the right way, the quality of your photography and processing is top notch as far as I can see, in the right environment it will sell.

You sound like I did when I threw in a 15 year ( £18000 pa 1988) Social Work career to earn next to nothing as a Researcher and Maker of Traditional Wooden Toys.........within 5 years I was internationally known, respected by museums and educational bodies nationally, then after two years of partial retirement, I was recognised by Disney and flown out to Hollywood to help relaunch Pinocchio as .....the English Geppetto.

It all happened because I took a chance and threw tiny pebbles into life's pool, those ripples spread far and wide......in all that time, I earned comparatively little but enjoyed every last moment of it.

It was only after I fully retired that I took up photography.

Back to you........I strongly suggest that you print up a good selection of your best work, you are good at recording animals, so concentrate on generic shots of pets, primates and people....have on the front of your table, a box with well printed shots at a POUND.......I know from experience that this can pay your table rent very quickly.......

Take a table at any craft or market events you can ( avoid Boot Fairs) to test the water, members of the knowledgable public know good photography when they see it......persevere ......whilst at it, offer to do Pet Portraits, then build from part time to full.

You will do it one day.........I did.

Should you want further advice, please PM me.

FUJI

thank you, i have been offering my services but as most people will find you get plenty of interest if the client thinks your free, ive given myself 5-10 years because i only started about 2 years ago and there's so much to learn. i currently work in retail @19000 pa but if i could earn that in photography i'd be happy because i do it because i love it not to be rich. when you take a picture that excites you its all worth it the money is irrelevant but obviously bills need to be paid

thank you, i have been offering my services but as most people will find you get plenty of interest if the client thinks your free, ive given myself 5-10 years because i only started about 2 years ago and there's so much to learn. i currently work in retail @19000 pa but if i could earn that in photography i'd be happy because i do it because i love it not to be rich. when you take a picture that excites you its all worth it the money is irrelevant but obviously bills need to be paid

Before being struck down with this !@£$%^&*&^%$£@! I was trying to make my hobby pay (not photography, another pastime) - it did help that I was in a well-paid freelance computer role, which I asked if I could do part-time; luckily my "boss' on that contract said 'Yes' and I was able to jump into it. Having said that, the 'hobby' took up a lot of time and paid not very much at all, so don't throw everything up until (1) you can afford to and (2) you're really confident you know what you're doing. 

Just my two penn'orth.

Before being struck down with this !@£$%^&*&^%$£@! I was trying to make my hobby pay (not photography, another pastime) - it did help that I was in a well-paid freelance computer role, which I asked if I could do part-time; luckily my "boss' on that contract said 'Yes' and I was able to jump into it. Having said that, the 'hobby' took up a lot of time and paid not very much at all, so don't throw everything up until (1) you can afford to and (2) you're really confident you know what you're doing. 

Just my two penn'orth.

spot on. I know people that have "gone pro" after 12 months but let's be honest, how much can you really learn in 12 months? I've been going 2 years and I still don't have that much of a clue lol I think 5 to 10 years is something to aim for and if not then I've still got it as a hobby :)

Archived