Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Tubes

I had some tubes delivered in the week. Not the medical sort, the photographic ones.

I feel that my photography is leaning toward the macro side of things, but being a newbie, don't want to spend the family fortune on things I don't need. Seeing a new toy is like a red rag to a bull with me.

So, I bought a set of tubes and what a revelation they turned out to be. Only having a 24-70, non macro lens has limited me a bit but I've had a lot of enjoyment setting up a few tests etc.

I don't expect you to be all that overwhelmed, judging by what I've seen of your work, but so far I'm quite pleased.post-850-0-59482400-1399948596.jpg

Eremophila. One of the few plants the wallabies haven't eaten.

post-850-0-83479600-1399948647.jpg

This was just a dead twig until it rained a few weeks ago.

post-850-0-36307300-1399948669.jpg

Another plant the critters leave alone. Look at that thorn.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

• Like 2

Hi, Brian, I admire tenacity and willingness to experiment with the equipment you have to hand.

Your first two pics, hit the mark but the last isn't focused as well as it might be.

Can I suggest that you always use the flash, that will freeze most motion, the on camera flash will suffice, especially if you make a snoot for it from that very thin packing foam, just don't get any sticky. Tape or foam in the delicate flash folding mechanism.

Set your camera to between F 9 to 16 S 160. ISO to suit ambient light......with tubes, you will be focussing manually, so learn, then practice the ....Slowly leaning back and forth method. Rather than. Fiddling with the lens focuss ring, just set to highest magnification, find your subject, then practice the swaying focus, learn to click the shutter at precisely the right moment and without force to prevent camera shake.

Looks complicated typed out, whilst in practice it is very straight forward once internalised.

The link I posted the other day should help you enormously.

Have Fun!

FUJI

• Like 1