Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

First Rushes

A couple of very quick edits from last night when I was photographing The Swing Commanders at a local village hall. Both taken with Canon EOS 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f4/L, Canon 580EXII (bounced)

Firstly here's Daisy Thurkettle on Violin (and vocals). Very difficult to get a picture of her both stationary and without a microphone in front of her mouth! I'm not totally happy with this shot as i think she looks a bit startled, I'll have a hunt for a better one.

552120.jpg

Secondly, here's Siena Lloyd in a rare quiet moment (she sings, plays Sax, Clarinet, Accordion, Keyboard and Double Bass as well as organising the rest of the band) Mono was a conscious choice, as was leaving the partial guitar (and player) and the microphone to show the activity around her.

552170b.jpg

Like the second shot bit mystical faraway

Daisy plays with the honeybirds (girl trio) we have hired them for our dance at Pickering this year, although I dont think daisy is one of them due to her commitment with the swing commanders

Arnt the swing commanders great we have hired them for our dance in Rothwell in November I bet you have a shot of there front man as he is usually everywhere

Liking both shots Bugsy.

I think the big smile on the first pic takes over from the wide eyed look and makes it interesting, but I do agree the second shot is better although I do wonder if you can pull some detail back on her hand from the raw file?

Failing that maybe use a feathered edge lasso tool and darken it a tad? Either way it is still a good capture.

Thanks folks, the second one is my favourite picture from the evening so far although I haven't had time to work my way through them all, this one really caught my attention

Like the second shot bit mystical faraway

Daisy plays with the honeybirds (girl trio) we have hired them for our dance at Pickering this year, although I dont think daisy is one of them due to her commitment with the swing commanders

Arnt the swing commanders great we have hired them for our dance in Rothwell in November I bet you have a shot of there front man as he is usually everywhere

They are great fun as well as being great musical entertainment. I have a number of shots of the front man, and yes he is very much a presence.

Liking both shots Bugsy.

I think the big smile on the first pic takes over from the wide eyed look and makes it interesting, but I do agree the second shot is better although I do wonder if you can pull some detail back on her hand from the raw file?

Failing that maybe use a feathered edge lasso tool and darken it a tad? Either way it is still a good capture.

For the print I've pulled back on the contrast a little bit and that hand no longer looks quite so white. Good call, thank you.

The second shot is just amazing, no more to say. I'm drawn to the first by both her expression which is so charming, and the overall balance of elements in the composition; however, at the same time I can't shake this feeling of weirdness that the violin is being held in place by a third party, simply because I can't see her arm - I know that would make a completely different picture, though.

Archived