Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FUJI'S SOFT BRUSHES & LAYERS PROCESSING SECRETS

Hi, Folks,

A couple of weeks back Annie asked how I did my favourite....... Layers.......Soft Brushes......Flatten...Processing.....I'm not as clever as Phil and BP so cant produce screen shots......... (perhaps one might do them for me?)

FUJI'S PROCESSING ( I USE PHOTOSHOP CS3)

NOTE:....By using SOFT BRUSHES on LAYERS you can SELECTIVELY apply amost ANY effect from Contrast,Curves, Saturation, Sharpen etc. etc by this method....which, once learned is very easy and quick:

As a base I used a purchased DVD Tutorial on Mono Contrast Grading by Martin Henson....Thank You Martin:

1: Open your chosen photograph (after straightening and initial adjustment in PS Bridge if you have it)

2: I always look at the PS Auto Adjustments to see if they improve things.....Levels, Contrast, Colour.....save if pic is improved:

3: Ensure that you have DEFAULT Workspace on RH side of screen...if not go to WINDOW to find it. your chosen pic will be at the top of it.........Now DRAG thumbnail here down on to the NEW LAYER logo (small squre with peeled corner) second from right bottom of workspace panel...a New Layer is ready to work on over your on screen pic:

8150162416_0eb87bf956_o.jpg

4: Go to...IMAGE Adjustments.......Choose ...say...CURVES......a box will open up showing CURVES....Click anywhere in the pic and watch just where along the curve you have chosen....it will be that area that you can adust contrast up or down:....(You Could also have chosen FILTER...Unsharp Mask etc)

8150136139_63afb94fac_o.jpg

8150162628_0df4976849_o.jpg

5: When Ready to apply your chosen adjustment...make your layer panel BLACK...I do what I learned and press Alt whilst clicking mouse curser held over the layer logo with a small circle second in from RHS)...You are now ready to apply your chosen adjustment:

8150162722_fb5e516355_o.jpg

6: CHECK BRUSH SIZE......( I use AIRBRUSH on NORMAL)....BRUSH HARDNESS...BRUSH OPACITY.....ADJUST OPACITY SLIDERS to SUIT.......Then simply BRUSH your chosen adjustment exactly where you want it:....Remember that you can go to Step Backward EDIT or FADE at any time.

8150162792_27f34be883_o.jpg

8150162918_7df2d34931_o.jpg

7: When happy with the result go to LAYER, then go down list to click ...LAYER FLATTEN....this fixes your adjustment....this saves Disk Space so I use it:

8150136627_5d37f537c2_o.jpg

8: I work on all of my best photographs (mono and colour) in this way..............it may not be your way...... but things need to be simple for me:

Annie......Just print this down and have a go......printed instructions always look complicated...but do it Steb by Step......I look foreward to seeing results soon:

FUJI

• Like 2

PHIL.........That is just brilliant......a huge thank you...........I owe you a pint.

If you ever venture this way I can offer you a guided tour, and a pint of .....Hook Norton.....at the Clarendon Arms opposite the front of the Castle.

FUJI

• 3 years later...

I've returned to this.....my own tutorial ( with the help of Phil)

For the life of me, no matter how hard I try.....I just cannot get that Layer Panel go black......

I used to know, but I can't recall how.....heeeeeeeelp!

FUJI

Many thanks everyone......I have now sorted it, I was clicking the wrong key.........The keyboard on the laptop is slightly smaller than a full size desktop one.....that's my excuse anyway ?

One I have an updated DNG Converter, I will be able to have a go at the Cycle Race shots taken this morning.'

FUJI