Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Business card

Leon

Since the early 1990s I designed my own innovative Business card after seeing the idea on one from the USA.

Instead of printing on a single rectangle of card, or using an outside company, I used Corel Suite Graphics software to design my own .....Three-Fold .......card, printed on standard inkjet paper.

The easiest way to describe it, is, that if you cut a standard A4 three fold leaflet across into four equal strips, you get FOUR Three Fold Cards, the length of the long A4 side.

Because my small business has/had many facets I was able to use each of the three standard card sized panels to full advantage.........I always left the reverse side blank for notes, but a bit of clever double sided printing and you get SIX printable panels on one business card........the cards were continually updated.

I still print and use, my latest version, which now includes Photography, on the front panel, whilst the other panels refer to my book and to my connections with Disney.

Recipients of my card are always surprised by its format and design, all done using Corel Draw and Corel Paint in my own studio.

FUJI

• Like 2

In the USA !

And most people are not "major clothing manufacturers/retailers" most are one man bands like me, I have yet to ever, ever see this done or even discussed by any celeb relating to the use of a small business, and anyway it would start with a letter asking for the removal first which has to be ignored.

Tell that to the café owner in Britain who was forced by the estate of Elvis Presley to not use his name on his premises (despite the fact that there is NO international copyright on names, whether that be the name of a person, title of a book, song, or film, etc). 

• Like 1

and my next question is what do you all have printed on the back of the card?

This is the back of mine, black and white to try to keep the the front obvious...and cut down on the cost lol:

post-819-0-57529600-1396997086.jpg

Edited by David

In the USA !

And most people are not "major clothing manufacturers/retailers" most are one man bands like me, I have yet to ever, ever see this done or even discussed by any celeb relating to the use of a small business, and anyway it would start with a letter asking for the removal first which has to be ignored.

in the UK too Jeremy. The letter doesn't have to be ignored either, if you use a persons image in a way that could be conceived as them promoting your product or service they are entitled to payment if they wish to promote your product or service or compensation if they don't want to.  Leon has done the right this by asking the person as he isn't really a celeb his image has no real value so he is happy for Leon to use it. As has been said someone whose face can earn them a lot of many will sue you so fast your head will spin. As for the surfer he may be the face of Braun but 99.9% of the world would not recognise him from your shot so his claim would be a bit weak however if that was tom cruise on the surfboard the lawyers would have called you

I know Joss personally so I have no problem either, and perhaps you are partially right but I have yet to see any recorded case of this happening in the UK and celeb photos make money for people every day here, in fact one of the best known, Patrick Moore (also a past long term friend) has had his image used throughout time by people on mugs, T shirts etc and as his agent told me, "It isn't financially worth acting on"

there is a slight difference between using someones image on a Tshirt Mug mousemat etc and using it on a business card. Using a persons image on a business card is like using their image in an advert for your product or service and leads people to think that the person photographed endorses your product or service and thats the bit the object to as you say in the UK its hard to object to your image being shoved on a mug tshirt or whatever but your picture being used in a way that says you endorse the company or product is different thing

and my next question is what do you all have printed on the back of the card?

I think you should leave the card blank on one side, just because when you pass on a card and they are not really interested they will keep it in their pocket until they need to write something down for someone. and pass the card over that way.

Re: domain, they are very cheap and even websites come cheap this way. for £15 a month  you can have a domain name and a website.

I use wordpress and a theme .

If you can fill in simple webforms and post on forums like these, I am sure you can make a website this way too.

http://pdcpic.co.uk

I think you should leave the card blank on one side, just because when you pass on a card and they are not really interested they will keep it in their pocket until they need to write something down for someone. and pass the card over that way.

Re: domain, they are very cheap and even websites come cheap this way. for £15 a month you can have a domain name and a website.

If you can fill in simple webforms and post on forums like these, I am sure you can make a website this way too.

That is why my ....Three Fold Card.....is a veritable ......Note Book;-)

FUJI

• Like 1

Re: domain, they are very cheap and even websites come cheap this way. for £15 a month  you can have a domain name and a website.

I can do you webhosting with a domain and wordpress installed for less than £5 a month if paid annually PM if you are interested

Wow so many ideas and so much help

Thanks guys... As Colin suggested I maybe rethinking the Website name, I really don't want to use Leon wall photography. And also don't want to specify the genre of the pictures I take like Motorsport, any ideas will be taken on board

there is a slight difference between using someones image on a Tshirt Mug mousemat etc and using it on a business card. Using a persons image on a business card is like using their image in an advert for your product or service and leads people to think that the person photographed endorses your product or service and thats the bit the object to as you say in the UK its hard to object to your image being shoved on a mug tshirt or whatever but your picture being used in a way that says you endorse the company or product is different thing

absolutely.

- Richard I'm sending you a pm in about 10 mins.  

Wow so many ideas and so much help

Thanks guys... As Colin suggested I maybe rethinking the Website name, I really don't want to use Leon wall photography. And also don't want to specify the genre of the pictures I take like Motorsport, any ideas will be taken on board

That was the problem I had...David Williams photography just didn't stand out among the many "my name" photography sites, that's why I came up with SkonZac. It is different, quite hard to remember but not easily forgotten once remembered and quite recognisable