Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Business card

Leon

This looks fine Leon Vista print?  No sure how much their web site lets you 'work' on the design but if I can help anyone I can design this kind of thing using Indesign and let you have a pdf.

Leon have you thought about securing your own domain name and link to flickr?  www.leonwall.co.uk £6 for 2 years via LCN.

This looks fine Leon Vista print?  No sure how much their web site lets you 'work' on the design but if I can help anyone I can design this kind of thing using Indesign and let you have a pdf.

Leon have you thought about securing your own domain name and link to flickr?  www.leonwall.co.uk £6 for 2 years via LCN.

tis Vista yes Colin. and what a nice offer on the logo, I do need a watermark doing, I have no skills in that department. 

I am toying with the idea of buying a domain, it will be a few weeks before I get straight financially, "picturetimewall.co.uk" is available, my Flickr, facebook ect will all be the samename then, 

BP, if I was a business they would be more "professional" but as it is just to be nice to people and share my work I like the picture background :)

Totally disagree, business cards need to offer "impact", I not only have different sizes but as I shoot sports they convey "what" I do, and I have many different ones, for different events and have just ordered five more different ones covering Motocross, Powerboating and football.

Believe me people keep my cards and they have proven great value, all are via vistaprint, the jetski one is standard card size, the others are 5x4 and the birds are on the back, people like "different", I also have larger ones I leave on seats at PR and conference meets

It also helps to have a celeb on the cards, here I was shooting Joss Ash, Widemouth Bay, google him.

But for god sake design your own, do not use the carp vistaprint pre sets add images of what YOU do

post-29-0-19374600-1396807571.jpg

post-29-0-15042100-1396807627.jpg

post-29-0-90106900-1396807655.jpg

post-29-0-68574600-1396807963.jpg

Edited by jeremy rundle
  • Like 1

Totally disagree, business cards need to offer "impact", I not only have different sizes but as I shoot sports they convey "what" I do, and I have many different ones, for different events and have just ordered five more different ones covering Motocross, Powerboating and football.

Believe me people keep my cards and they have proven great value, all are via vistaprint, the jetski one is standard card size, the others are 5x4 and the birds are on the back, people like "different", I also have larger ones I leave on seats at PR and conference meets

It also helps to have a celeb on the cards, here I was shooting Joss Ash, Widemouth Bay, google him.

But for god sake design your own, do not use the carp vistaprint pre sets add images of what YOU do

WHAT A GOOD IDEA!!

I will get some motorsport ones done too, thanks for that :)

do I have to worry about using a picture of someone else's car on my cards?

do I have to worry about using a picture of someone else's car on my cards?

Using 'Celebs' to promote a business without permission could lead you into trouble,  just edit the picture, clone - change remove any numbers or tweak the colour balance (or send a file over here).

Isn't fame the whole point of celebrity? Who on earth is Joss Ash? ('Scuse my ignorance, I'm not down with all the latest names of rappers...)

Incorrect, when celebs are in an open public place they are as free to photograph as anyone

of course they are but that's is not what the question was about, using a celebs image without their permission to promote a business is a completely different matter. Ask Rihanna who just sued a major clothing retailer for displaying her face on a T shirt - resulting in the company removing all unsold items at their cost. 

Edited by colinb

In the USA !

And most people are not "major clothing manufacturers/retailers" most are one man bands like me, I have yet to ever, ever see this done or even discussed by any celeb relating to the use of a small business, and anyway it would start with a letter asking for the removal first which has to be ignored.

Edited by jeremy rundle

I doubt very much if anyone would object but the question was asked by You Leon and using an image to promote Your business may suggest sponsorship - do what you like but just give it some thought. How would you feel if someone was making money out of an image of you or your family?

Jeremy wrong -  IN the UK  - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23514738

Edited by colinb

I have goten to know a few rally drivers in the last few weeks, I might just ask one for permission to use an image, no nasty come backs then :)

now that is a good idea and I'll be amazed if they say no! (well unless its a pic of them crashing  :smiling:

Oh come on, making money out of you or your family, sheesh, I have jet skis on my other cards, one is an AquaX champ, he came over to me at the press conference in Docklands and we had a joke about the fact that he totalled his ski a week later, you are making too much of this

My images have also been used in motor sports magazines and for your info another photo of mine was used by SIGMA in their magazine again Jos Ash, celebs, watch out Sigma :)

post-29-0-69364000-1396895022.jpg

post-29-0-00517100-1396895189.jpg

Edited by jeremy rundle

well.....he is please for me to use his car, he even said if |I have some stickers made he'll put them oon the car.... 17th of May his company is sponsoring the full Rally at three sisters and he wants to meet me :) :)

suppose a few ££'s on a framed print to give him in person can do no harm...

could my dream be at the starting point, wait and see......

• Like 1

Good for you, that's the way to go.

I am sponsoring Cardinal Racing for the next three years, better known as "Team Ty-phoo", they are placing my business on their boat, this is THE best advertising you can get, go for it

Try my local company Tavy signs, tavistock

And a domain name is really cheap...I was surprised and I think I only paid about a tenner for mine...it was definitely no more than £20 and that's for a year.

I got mine long before the website to secure it so nobody else could use the name

Nice card David, clear concise and informative.

Leon the problem you may have with using something like Facebook is  https://www.facebook.com/leon.wall.71   etc.

I think you would find most people will simply put your name into a search box and click on who ever the top 'Leon' name is.

I think you would find it beneficial to add an email address to your card.

and my next question is what do you all have printed on the back of the card?

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1