Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Artistic Photography?

David

Following on from My attempts at Impressionism Photography, here are some of what I consider to be Artistic Photography.

None of these have been digitally altered apart from a little cosmetic 'polishing'.

What do you think?

Best Viewed Large

Clock

post-819-0-01498000-1396474731.jpg

Kathryn

post-819-0-83511400-1396474747.jpg

Malibu Bottle

post-819-0-70064900-1396474757.jpg

Tea-Pot

post-819-0-54092200-1396474769.jpg

Thanks Chris, I think as long as there is something that draws you to them they must be working. I don't think there is always a clear cut reason, some things just seem to work

In all honesty David and without sounding negative I look and think why? if these were taken with a film camera I would wonder if I had double exposed the picture and think I had wasted a roll - but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks Chris, I think as long as there is something that draws you to them they must be working. I don't think there is always a clear cut reason, some things just seem to work

David - see my far longer response in your other topic on this. Colin's reaction underlines the point I made there that not all TIPF members will respond to this particular photographic form (which is fine - there's room for all forms of photographic expression here :) ), but I'm very enthusiastic and I hope you continue and persist with it, and I will too once I get some ideas.

Tanks again Chris I know everyone has different tastes in photography and art. And Colin absolutely I appreciate all comments, negative or positive! They are deliberate and experimental.

In a way I am just letting my creative side loose and seeing what I come up with, I am quite happy with these as a starting point

sorry not for me, the first looks like its shot through a yellow net curtain and the rest look like the pictures I got back from one holiday when the old 126 film camera had been dropped in a jug of retsina. Still don't let my opinions stop you experimenting it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things

Thanks Richard as I always say I appreciate all comments and opinions.

All of these are long exposures, the clock was taken then the camera panned upwards to create the effect.

Kathryn was taken zoomed out, paused to get most of the image on the sensor, then zoomed in fast towards the end of the exposure to create a kind of double exposure effect.

The malibu bottle was taken then panned to the windowsill... almost equal exposure on both subjects.

The tea-pot was again panned but exposed mostly on the tea- pot, the reflection of the kitchen light gave a nice touch, I thought

To be very honest David.....I think you are trying too hard, what you have achieved is just.....bad photographs.......Could I suggest that you study the little book that I recommended?

It contains,pretty well every,ART PHOTO complete with full details, including the Artists thoughts, reasons and motivation, plus other relevant facts and figures, money well spent if you are that keen.

FUJI

Thanks Leon all comments are really appreciated. Thanks for your honesty and I may have a look at the book Fuji - but I much prefer to experiment and find a kind of 'style' of my own rather than take an idea and develop it to a style of my own...if that makes sense.

I stand by them though and I really do think they are a good starting point to take me to where I am going with this.

Thanks Leon all comments are really appreciated. Thanks for your honesty and I may have a look at the book Fuji - but I much prefer to experiment and find a kind of 'style' of my own rather than take an idea and develop it to a style of my own...if that makes sense.

I stand by them though and I really do think they are a good starting point to take me to where I am going with this.

I know what you mean David......the book would give you an idea of all that has gone before, many look very similar to the ones you have posted here.......photographs taken in poor conditions, negatives scratched or crumpled prior to printing, even a set of washing machines made into large pin-hole cameras......huge prints made by hanging photo sensitive paper inside a dark room,then allowing a little light in......all extremely experimental and controversial .......all the examples in the book have been very highly rated by Art Critics, Galleries and like minded creative photographers......in other words it is a Source Book that just might fire a creative Tangent in you?

FUJI

I know what you mean Fuji and thanks it sounds a good inspirational book.

P.S. I have many tangents in me - I am always going from one idea to another without fully exploring any of them lol

Archived