Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Traffic lights

bugmeister

OK, a slightly misleading title perhaps :)

Last Monday, some of us from the camera club went out to the village of Lavenham with the aim of trying to get a couple of light trail pictures from the lights on the passing traffic.

Most of mine were absolute rubbish with traffic going the wrong way at the wrong time, but these two I'm not too unhappy with. Any suggestions for treatment would be welcomed as these are almost straight from camera (a slight crop, a bit of sharpening, resized)

Unusually close to the traffic for this kind of picture :)

551317.jpg

Canon EOS 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f4/L @ f10 @ 109mm @ iso100 @ 15s

and a white light picture that I think worked even better than the normal red tail light shot.

551329.jpg

Canon EOS 5D mkII, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM @ f10 @ iso100 @ 10s

I love light trail pictures. 

I would not have thought Lavenham the easiest of places for this bugs...?

Well, it has a moderate to low amount of traffic at night, some hilly bits, some bendy bits, and some illuminated buildings to lift the general light level, so not too bad. Also the locals are used to cameras in the area, it is a very well photographed village.

Unusually close to the traffic for this kind of picture :)

I don't think so and being 'close' for me works better than the usual motorway bridge shot. One thing I would suggest you try is go earlier in the evening, just after sunset as the extra light will give the pictures a little more depth and interest. A curved road (as seen in your top picture) works best - well done and well worth trying.

It was the bendy bits I was thinking of bugs...and the fact I expected Lavenham to be dead at night!

I still think I like the first picture the most. I like the way the buildings are more lit up.

I like Lavenham, I just wish they would ban cars from there in the day time..lol...well other than the classic ones that congregate there at weekends...!

He went over a pothole?

I reckon that the brake light was hanging out of its housing on a cable?......or.....it was on a small trailer?..........or......it was a moped rider with the hiccoughs?

FUJI

I reckon that the brake light was hanging out of its housing on a cable?......or.....it was on a small trailer?..........or......it was a moped rider with the hiccoughs?

FUJI

There's two lines of wavy light. it remind me of when my daughter had her first driving lesson when she was 17 and the car kangaroo hopped up the road. 

Little did she know that I was watching from behind the net at the bedroom window as I didn't want to put her off.

Archived