Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I FOUND THIS VERY VERY FUNNY

FUJI

I sent the link to two dog-loving friends thinking they'd find it amusing.

All I got as thanks was a load of bile about overweight Americans feeding their pets "refined sugar crap".

Won't be doing that again - a lesson learned indeed.

Korky

All I got as thanks was a load of bile about overweight Americans feeding their pets "refined sugar crap".

Korky

So sad, that they completely lost the amusing side..........that greedy pooch, must eat all of his Regular ( to use an American term) dog food at that speed.

Many, many moons ago, as a young joiner, it was my lot, annually to repair and maintain, the huge zinc covered bed platforms in the North Warwickshire Hunt a Kennels.

To see a pack of hounds feeding was a revelation, the Whipper-in would tip great dollops of a meaty/ cereal porridge into long troughs, then, after the door was opened, half a ton of slop would vanish in seconds.

It is probably why I prefer moggies to pooches, their eating habits are much better ;-)

What about ferrets?

FUJI

Fuj, I have a dog that is the opposite. 

It's taken me ages and many wasted bags of dried food and tins to try and get Evie to eat properly, and will only eat when we are in the room with her.

The only thing that she would eat properly was boiled chicken, and we had to take her off that as it was too much protein and also too much fat in it, which I guess is from the chickens being fed with food lace with loads of steroids to make them fatten up quick.

We are slowly making a breakthrough though, after lots of help and advice from the Dog forum that Pete is on.

I think it's a security thing and maybe she is wondering if we are going to leave her as other people did.

Have you ever had a dog, Fuji?

Edited by NannyFerret

Korky

I visited my sisters yesterday - they are both vegetarian animal lovers, and they both found the video hilarious. 

Had two dogs in my life.......one during the darkest days of WWII, no dad at home, 5 siblings, a harassed mum, and a mad black and white collie called Rover.......he was a rover by nature........that, unfortunately was his downfall, he escaped one day to chase sheep......he was shot and killed by a rightly irate farmer.

Just after I married, we acquired a long haired collie/cross called.....Sweep.....all was fine until our daughter was born, he became extremely jealous, and attempted to bite her, we were forced to pass him on....

So no real luck with dogs.........I think working at the Hunt Kennels amongst circa a 100 foxhounds cured me from ever wanting one.

We have never been without a moggie around the house, since the Sweep saga, except for one road casualty all of them have survived into old age. our current moggie is almost 17 years old now, but, ' Er who should be obeyed has threatened to leave if I acquire another moggie :-(

Personally, if I had my way, I would go for a Siamese moggie, why? Because they seem to fit somewhere I between Canine and Feline.....Our last moggie was if that breed ( A chocolate HAVANA) .....I was devastated when he had to be put down.

FUJI

I too had cats for many years, and dogs, but I think your wife is right.
What would happen to a younger cat if you weren't able to look after it properly in the future due to getting older or worse.

That's the reason that I had ferrets, because they had a medium life span.

Evie is 4 now so hopefully we will be able to see her through her life, but one of my daughters said that she would take her on if anything happened to me as I don't want her to go back to the rescue to be re-homed yet again.

Now there's a suggestion. Ferrets have a shorter life span, you could get a ferret!!!  :w00t: