Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Been Practicing Again

NannyFerret

I took the case with all my camera's and bits and bobs upstairs yesterday, ready to set up and try my extension tubes again.
I have put the 20mm tube on the D3000 and left it on so that I can pop up and have a practice in the spare room where I have put my little folding table.
It was so much easier than trying to change tubes and lenses on my main camera.
These were shot with the 20mm tube and my Nikon 55-200mm lens.

I have my other lenses and tubes up there now with led lights etc. so maybe I will make a bit more effort now they are all together in a handy place.

These are of my silver locket which was left to me by an old family friend. The first shot I think was the one that I shot on the camera Macro setting before I attached the tube, jys to see what the difference would be.
Trouble is I forgot to turn the camera macro function off before I starting shooting, so I'm not sure which were the one with and without that setting on.
I will see if the exif shows when it was on.
I used Lightzone to mess about with editing and tried lots of different filters for the fun of it.

Not as sharp as I would like them to be as I handheld. The next step is to set a tripod up. I have a small sturdy table top one and a couple of normal sized one, so I will see what works best.
I am going to try all of the tubes in turn to give me an idea of what they are capable of.

_DSC4879_lzn.jpg

_DSC4897_lzn.jpg

_DSC4886_lzn.jpg

_DSC4881_lzn.jpg

_DSC4880_lzn.jpg

_DSC4887_lzn.jpg

Well, it changed a wet miserable day into a fun one, so I enjoyed it.

By the way, none of them were cropped.

Thanks both. You are very encouraging.
I managed to get Auto focus quite well too,

I think the locket is about 1 and 1/2 inches or a bit more. 
I think that may be the jewellers initials underneath the silver stamp. I was aiming to get that as clear as I could for the practice.
You can see the reflections of the lightbulb above and of the led lights on some of them, but I left that in for effects.

I think the skills are really down to the silversmith, Fuji.
It's a beautiful piece of work, even down to the satinized background, which looks like that was also done by hand.
I think it was passed down to the lady who left it to me. I looked it up because it was such a nice locket and think itis Victorian, which would work out right if it was passed from her grandmother.
I appreciate it because her daughter made arrangements to meet my sister and myself, to give us one each. My sister had a cameo from the same era.
A year later our old friends daughter died. She was only three years older than me and still in her sixties.
We always thought of her as family, and it was quite a shock when we got the phone call, so it has special meaning as it was the last time that I saw her, and that day we had planned to spend more time together.

Archived