Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hello Nanny,

Thanks for the nice comment and to answer your question my model for the image is someone I've known for years he likes the idea of being 'everyman' hence the costumes.

Hello Chris,

I asked Phil when I joined the site if nudes were OK having seen 'No nudes' in the glamour section of the forum. He replied that members had voted not to include them in the forum. I must say that I do see a lot of badly posed and badly composed nude pics on other sites. Sadly there is no way to filter out the grubby sexist rubbish.

I do have a female friend who likes to pose nude and have done many layered images of her. It's just occurred to me that a Leotard might be the answer, I will have a chat with her.

Thanks for bringing this up, I'm grateful to you.

Cheers both - Jim

Hello Korky,

I'll set out the reasons for the title which I thought of as the image evolved. You may notice that the figure is slightly larger than it should be had it actually been there.

Sheffield has seen the biggest decline in manufacturing and the slowest return I've ever seen, I was a rep and had visited companies there for nearly 30 years. The Full Monty takes all that onboard and turns ordinary people into larger than life characters, remember the guy in the car trying to kill himself.

The people may have been bowed by the weight of the dereliction but their spirit remains. I decided on the gold and the yellow as a reference to the golden light in the minds of everyone who can be still (meditate in Quaker fashion) and through that become larger than life themselves.

I like to make allegories but I'm not very good at it.

Cheers - Jem

[edit] Apologies for not thanking you for your comment, it's very thought provoking hence my going straight into the above

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Brian,

Many thanks for the nice comment. If you we lived closer I would offer to come round and show you how to start doing this sort of thing. I got my inspiration from Catherine McIntyre who I found in 1998 and thought wow I'd love to be able to do that and wrote to her she and her friend Sandy Gardner explained very briefly a few basic techniques and of course I failed to create anything I thought worthwhile.

That went on until about a year ago when it really got the better of me and began to look closely at Catherine's images and eventually found one that I thought I could copy. It would be different because I didn't have the same source material but it did get me going and then I challenged myself to combine 3 or 4 elements chosen at random.

If you would like to have a go I could do a screencast showing the basic bits in Photoshop.

Cheers - Jim

Archived