Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Shopping Centre

GreenKing

Took this photo in the local shopping centre, just before being accosted by the heavies and told to put my camera away.

12684557334_c281c2e6e8_o.jpg

Your views and comments would be appreciated..

Why is it, that you can wander round shopping centres taking pictures with mobiles but as soon as you pull out a camera, they descend on you like a ton of bricks?

Regards,

John

Welcome to TIPF - please take a moment to introduce yourself in the new members forum so we all know who you are.

Because there are very well understood rules about shooting in/on private property.

To be fair you would probably be stopped using a mobile too so if you want to shoot just go ask security first and see if you can get permission. 

As to your picture you could do with selecting a point of interest or making a particular feature more prominent.

Hi, Greenking,

A very warm welcome to TIPF.....

Regular members on here know that I recently experienced very real security guard hassle in Coventry a City Centre......the bit that is open to the sky......all around me were folks popping away with mobile phone cameras, but I was picked because on my modest micro four Thirds with the kit lens fitted.......a Street Photography is one of my favourite genres.

On a recent trip to the indoor Touchwood shopping centre in Solihull........I had an hour to kill whilst waiting for, friends to buy a TV, so I went to the security desk to request permission to take pics.......I was given it as long as I promised not to shoot shop fronts because they are copyright ( daft because on the street I can ) .......I could take the ornate roof, the architecture and detail.......Funny old world?

I have never seen my missus vanish so quickly as when those Coventry Heavies stood each side of me ( a 75 yr old dodderer) ......with me arguing the toss about freedom of movement and photography.......I will be back in Coventry to challenge the system again fairly soon.

Great shots, keep them coming and join in the fun on here.

FUJI

Hi GreenKing and a big welcome :smiling: Smashing shot. 

I know what you mean about the security guards.I have had problems in Birmingham Mall and Fuji has also in Coventry.
We were bred and brought up in the Midlands and you would think that they know that us old biddies are only doing photography for a hobby and wouldn't be a threat of any kind.
I have seen many young people taking photo's in Coventry and Birmingham and they don't seem to get stopped.
I  know they have to be strict on security because of possible terrorist attacks, but I ask you.
I don't see any notices around Coventry that says "No Photography" and the "No Dogs" sign are 12ft or more above our heads.
There are so many rules and regulations these days. Are we really free in our own city.

You've  done it now, you have got Fuji and myself back on our soap boxes. :o  :w00t:  :w00t:

If you are on private property they have the right to ask you to stop taking photos. In a public place you are free to snap away. Those shopping centres I have asked seem OK with it if you ask first.

I have been asked to leave MK shopping centre for photographing the art works and got told to ask the centre management what I was allowed to photograph, I asked the centre management and they said, only the artworks. I now have that email in my camera bag incase I venture in there again lol

Archived