Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A very wet walk in the local park...

BSP

I went for a walk in the local park, Ferry Meadows, in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, I questioned myself whether I should put my boots on but being the stubborn fool I am, I thought trainers would suffice, oh how wrong I was. A lovely pair of trainers ruined, ooops.

Here are the shots though, as usual, I fully encourage constructive criticsm, comments and such.

1:

12517612235_13d8a25230_c.jpg

2:

12517613985_303c1c4fe1_c.jpg

3:

12518098954_c81d87713f_c.jpg

4:

12517601985_4e32c84fa4_c.jpg

5:

12517720623_88ccd7a875_c.jpg

6:

12517753023_c54e5ffe7f_c.jpg

I look forward to your comments :)

BSP.

I really do like the last four, especially the last one!

I think the first two lack a foreground element, something strong to grab the attention and draw the eye in - a clump of reeds, or a rock, or an aquatic bird or something. I've taken the liberty of cropping the second into a panorama (and adjusted saturation / temperature) - again, please tell me if you'd rather I didn't edit your pictures, but also let me know what you think of the edit?

post-677-0-32535700-1392377572.jpg

No6 has all the correct compositional elements

Your eye starts at the bottom left and travels along the path/ stream in a classic S shape to mid left encompassing the whole image

There is contrast, sharp barb to oof background

The barb is on the bottom third the eye stops on the left third

I agree with Chris's comments on the top two where his edit differs from yours is by making it a panarama your eye has to travel over the image rather than thats it

No4 would have benifitted from a tighter crop (I dont know what software you have) loosing the part duck and increasing the difference between big duck little duck

I really do like the last four, especially the last one!

I think the first two lack a foreground element, something strong to grab the attention and draw the eye in - a clump of reeds, or a rock, or an aquatic bird or something. I've taken the liberty of cropping the second into a panorama (and adjusted saturation / temperature) - again, please tell me if you'd rather I didn't edit your pictures, but also let me know what you think of the edit?

attachicon.giflandscape and water.jpg

I know what you mean about the first two, i'm still trying to get used to the prime lens :hope: very frustrating as I'm used to kit lenses which gave me much more flexability, I actually really like your edit! Looks a lot better! :D Thanks!

No6 has all the correct compositional elements

Your eye starts at the bottom left and travels along the path/ stream in a classic S shape to mid left encompassing the whole image

There is contrast, sharp barb to oof background

The barb is on the bottom third the eye stops on the left third

I agree with Chris's comments on the top two where his edit differs from yours is by making it a panarama your eye has to travel over the image rather than thats it

No4 would have benifitted from a tighter crop (I dont know what software you have) loosing the part duck and increasing the difference between big duck little duck

Thank you! I actually never thought about turning them into panoramas, something I will bare in mind for future landscape shots with the 35mm! I agree with your comment about cropping tighter on No:4 I used Lightroom 4!

Thanks for your comments! :)

• 8 months later...

Archived