Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

My first street photo!

ChrisLumix

...er, from 40 years ago, shortly after getting my first-ever 35mm camera (a Zorki 4). He had a hot-dog stand at Northfield in Birmingham and though I had been a veggie for a few years, it was a weekly hot dog here on a Friday night that finally broke the habit (sorry Tina). She was either his girlfriend, or else a blonde he was chatting up - he had the gift of the gab, tons of it (great for the roses, if you follow my drift.. :lol: ).

Sorry about the shocking poor quality - it's a scan from a none-too-brilliant print. Usual question, the original colour, or mono?

post-677-0-67683000-1390579278.jpg

post-677-0-39412300-1390579352.jpg

P.S. They knew I'd taken a photo but not until the flash went off!

Colour for me.

I wonder where they are now?

Gawd knows! I came back to Birmingham about 6 months later but not to Northfield.

The mono version had much more punch in Elements, but after saving, it was less dynamic. I often find this with Adobe - their products jazz up your images very nicely, but when you come out the images look somewhat flatter.

lol. I'm not the only one that's sneaky then.

Though there was nothing very sneaky about a Zorki 4 with a small flashgun attached! If you want to see what it was like, here is a guy enthusing on YouTube about how using one has revolutionised his photography by forcing him to think about exactly what he's doing. 

(Oops, it would help if I actually posted the link!) :

was looking at Zorki 4's on ebay last night - quite fancy an old rangefinder to play with :-)

Think I prefer the colour one, but its a close thing

Go for a Zorki 4K - it is one of the very few Russian rangefinders with a lever wind (unlike mine, which being 1973 must be one of the very last Zorki 4s). If it has the 50mm Jupiter 8 f2 lens, that's a belter. One last thing - the YouTube reviewers point out that the Russian quality control was pretty poor, so if you get one that looks used, it will be a good 'un; avoid one that looks brand new unused. Oh, and the screw mount is the Leica 39mm so it will take a humungus range of lenses, all between 35mm and 135mm.

Archived