Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ace of Spades

Martyn

It had been a beautiful morning, I was gutted that I couldn't get out to take a few shots on my day off. The day had been overcast, but I was determined to get out at sunset and try out the ultra wide lens. I walked along the beach, and as I took my camera out of the bag, the heavens opened. Hailstones bounced off the promenade for about five minutes before it turned into very heavy and very cold rain. I was soaked to the skin by the time I got back to the van.

The blue sky, along with this blue spade, are finished with for today!

12072710254_95d1941954_b.jpg

Did the camera escape without getting soaked though?

It got a few spots on it but I got it back in the bag quickly. The same couldn't be said for me though; my jeans were so wet I could hardly walk. My boots don't leak, but they soon filled up with rainwater running down my legs. Not been caught in a downpour like that for a long time!

Glad your camera escaped at least. You would have been even more miserable if the rain had ruined it.

Hope you got dried out quickly once you were home.
I hat wet clothes sticking to me.

We are having heavy rain at the moment. Never known it to rain so often as it has the last month or so.

My knee was killing me so we had an earlier night than usual and are all tucked up in bed. By all, I mean John, myself and the dog lying on the top between us. lol.

A very well crafted pic Martyn....love the low camera angle.....I often wish that I could get down that low......I might just manage it, but getting up again, is a different matter.

Weather proofing your camera?

I always carry at least one plastic carrier bag with me for such occasions, my two smaller cameras tuck inside the top of my wet weather jacket, and my SONY A55 has a dedicated water proof cover from eBay, this has Velcro fasteners, so the camera can be used in the rain, as long as the front element is kept dry.

It would be the salt spray at coastal sites that would really bother me.

FUJI

Archived