Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THE BOOK LADY

FUJI

Sometimes I meet a person who really brightens my day, never mind offer an ideal photo oportunity....this lovely lady did both.

In town, there is a charity shop that always has an outside table filled with books at three for a pound....I often spend a happy few minutes browsing if passing:

My subject approached as I was doing so today, her smile and ready hello were warming from the start, she explained that  (like myself) she loves books and has literally hundreds at home; she spent a good ten minutes chatting in a very positive way.

I had taken a sneaky portrait, but then decided to request a more composed one or two....at first, she was hesitant, then said......."very well then, it's ages since I had my photograph taken.".......

After taking these, she would have chatted for far longer, but we were both getting pretty cold and she had a taxi to call to return her to Coventry; I gave her my card, because her home help might request a copy....I really hope so:

What a wonderful person, full of life and oozing the joy of living:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pics:

FUJI

post-4-0-53338600-1390320664.jpg

post-4-0-32489400-1390320678.jpg

He's very stealthy, is Fuji. ;)  I think that's how he manages to get so many smashing street portraits.

Thank you folks.....me sneaky? Stealthy?......at just over six feet tall and broad with it, that would be impossible...........a bit if charm works ( with the ladies) yes......but not with subjects like my pair of builders last week.....with males I just look down at the camera, then at them, and wait for a nod if approval....

.......It's not what you do.......it's the way that you do it ;-)

Seriously though, a well mannered approach plus a smile works wonders. As does having the camera set ready to fire without really looking at the screen.

Come, let's see you gave a go........once a photographer loses his/her inhibitions, a Street Photography Gets easier and easier......but please don't use a long lens and be sneaky from a distance.

FUJI

Archived