Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

YOU KNOW WHO

FUJI

I was surprised today at having a NIKON D800? pointed straight at me, it is owned by a new photographer mate of mine who is a retired pro wedding photographer.....he acts as judge to a number of clubs and groups, he also used to teach photography' now, he just enjoys himself with his shiny new Nikon...after selling a Hasslblad and a Leica.

Our individual approaches to photography are poles apart, he takes the very technical view whilst I record what I see on the screen or in the viewfinder....if I like it....the technician vs the Artis....if you like.

This is just one from a series taken in Burst Mode of yours truly walking quite quicky towards him and just as I realised what was happening.......so it was a case of hunter being hunted.

We followed it up witth nearly two hours over coffee in Costa, talking cameras, lenses and techniques.....I have put this JPEG through my usual processingh, mainly to get rid of unwanted BG.

perhaps I should have called it........FUJI....as seen?

FUJI

post-4-0-97803600-1389729852.jpg

Nice!

It does sometimes seem though, that there are only two approaches to exposure these days : over-, to get that interesting effect above, or under-, to get a moody feel. Correctly exposed isn't an option anymore! (Slightly tongue in cheek).

Nice!

It does sometimes seem though, that there are only two approaches to exposure these days : over-, to get that interesting effect above, or under-, to get a moody feel. Correctly exposed isn't an option anymore! (Slightly tongue in cheek).

Hi, Chris,

Very observant as always...........I have explained that 'tis I that. Messed with the exposure and curves, to get the effect, my mates original as sent to me in JPEG format! has perfect exposure.......but the background of the a Waitrose sign and other shop window bars intruded.

FUJI

Lens cap on?

Tsk tsk - call yourself a photographer  :rolleyes:

TSK TSK to you BP........Look very closely and you will see that it us a patended automatic lens cap that opens like the petals of a flower as the lens zooms out at switch on, it is extremely quick ......you get them via eBay.

I always leave my lens caps at home, except for this one.

At last I've discovered something photographic that you didn't know about ;-)

FUJI

Hi, Chris,

Very observant as always...........I have explained that 'this I that. Messed with the exposure and curves, to get the effect, my mates original as sent to me in JPEG format! has perfect exposure.......but the background of the a Waitrose signed and other shop window bars intruded.

FUJI

Well, I think your own processing here has worked a treat - I do like that washed-out background, which helps lift what would otherwise be a very boring foreground ( :rofl: ) into something of real interest. 

Sorry Sir

cat-shoes.jpg

That picture reminds me of one of the literally hundreds of cat photos posted in Facebook (needless to say, this has nothing to do with me :lol: )...

post-677-0-99443200-1389738379.jpg

At least you both used moggies and not pooches ;-)

Chris, reading my last post in this thread back to myself I realised that my words and spelling had been garbled by the extremely quirky iPad Spellcheck.

It seems to have a mind of its own, putting extra letters on words, or even changing a word to something entirely different to what was typed; sometimes it even inserts what look like Chinese extras, such as replacing ...I.....with chie.....or similar.

Does anyone else with an iPad have the same problem.......I can usually trust my typing, but if I'm tired I don't always check what I have typed.

Off topic I know.....but it is my thread;-)

FUJI

At least you both used moggies and not pooches ;-)

Chris, reading my last post in this thread back to myself I realised that my words and spelling had been garbled by the extremely quirky iPad Spellcheck.

It seems to have a mind of its own, putting extra letters on words, or even changing a word to something entirely different to what was typed; sometimes it even inserts what look like Chinese extras, such as replacing ...I.....with chie.....or similar.

Does anyone else with an iPad have the same problem.......I can usually trust my typing, but if I'm tired I don't always check what I have typed.

Off topic I know.....but it is my thread;-)

FUJI

The iPad uses the iOS operating system, same as the iPhone, and we all know what predictive text is like on a smartphone ;) 

Auto correct is a very clever bit of technology but it ain't infallible.

Interestingly I think my iMac uses the same engine as the iPhone and iPad as it will correct as I type in a similar way - something I miss when I'm at work using the vile XP rubbish and look at what I've just written....which often makes even less sense. 

The trick with any of them is to watch what little boxes/suggestions pop up and either accept them or be ready to catch quirks. If I'm tired I too tend to miss some so you're not alone.

I personally wouldn't be without it as it means I can type far, far quicker than if I had to hit every key in exactly the right order.

Archived