Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

C'mon then, what's the catch?

GrahamNfk

ah  what a lovely post   im so glad your enjoying the forum :)

Dont get me wrong, we dont live in wonderland, we do have our disagreements on here, but mainly

they are dealt with in a friendly or at least polite manner.

for the most part we all just rub along with each other just fine though... i think it helps that we are all slightly mad in our own unique ways shhhhhh   ;)

Have a great new year and a lovely 2014 yourself, and the same goes for the rest of you too !   :fun:

• Like 1

glad you are enjoying the place, everyone on here works very hard to keep this friendly balance, we have had the odd person turn up and try to start flame wars, they tend to get water poured on them and they go away to try to ruin somewhere else.

I think a great example of how well this forum works was the recent hunt pictures. many people made their personal feelings known, no one lost their temper and everyone focused on the images rather than the event. A lovely picture of a colourful rider and a beautiful horse gets appreciated for what it is whilst people calmly state if they are pro or anti hunting. No one on here gets belittled because they happen to prefer cats to dogs or nikon to canon and you are right it is a very rare thing for a forum.

Long may it continue and I hope every one has a great 2014. 

I have only been here a couple of months, Graham and I feel the same. This is the 1st forum I have been on and I like it so much I haven't bothered looking for any others.

I was a bit nervous about posting critical comments of photos at 1st (kind of like 'who does he think he is') but, like everyone else I kept it constructive and not at all personal. I think that sums this forum up - everyone has respect for each other - and the ethos that comes across is most images have something to say.

It really is great to learn from others who offer their wisdom and judgement on your images, I have learned so much already, and I think I am maturing as a photographer as a result :) 

• Like 3

and sometimes I speak my mind, especially if someone has come on, (as happened) and more or less tried to tell the admins how to do things in the running of the forum. This gets my back up as I think Phil and the other admins are already doing a great job.

Sadly, the person decided to leave, sooner than make the peace and stay and share their knowledge in photography.

I must add that I am not an argumentative person as a norm and get on with everyone..

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 1

you'll be fine so long as you don't post a "lone tree" or a "milky waterfall"

then again that could just be that every now I spit y dummy out and sulk for a few weeks......(whispers) ...watch out for Fuji!!     :)

Hahaha - so true! Those of us who hate 'milky water' - and particularly the misunderstanding from which they arose - do so with a passion :lol:

Edited by ChrisLumix

you'll be fine so long as you don't post a "lone tree" or a "milky waterfall"

then again that could just be that every now I spit y dummy out and sulk for a few weeks......(whispers) ...watch out for Fuji!!     :)

ROFL Leon.....and yes I hate cotton wool water too...lol!

This is a great photography site Graham. There really is no catch, we all get along splendidly, It's a happy place.

Edited by annie
  • Like 1

Brilliant Likeness!

Camera Clubs?

Hate clubs because .....clubs = committees, judges, joint events, camera/lens envy, colour vs mono debates.......Love Forums like this one........Like all of you, because you are a great bunch....... ( even Leon)

FUJI

( Old Sage, Pun Artist, hater of, Milky Water and that ....Lone Tree ...on t Moors........ prefer cats to dogs, point my camera at anything and everything.......can't do numbers, but hugely creative......Getting old very disgracefully.)

PS.

Seriously though......The only reason I don't like Milky Water and that bloody tree.....is that they are such bloomin' cliches.