Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

DECAYING GRANDUER

FUJI

As soon as I spotted this I felt very sad...

Sad for the Eighteenth Century Joiner who made that once beautiful Fanlight:

Sad for the person who floated that hand made glass that has the disinctive surface blemishes:

Sad for all the Painters and Decorators who helped  keep that beautiful Fanlight in pristine condition

Sad for the all the memories that, over the years have passed beneath that once grand entrance:

Sad that this appears to be the end of the road for a once grand house, next door has already gone:

Sad to remember too, I started my working life as a fifteen year old Carpenter/Joiner in a gas-lit Joiners Shop, where my foreman and fellow joiners wore white aprons over their Bib-n-Brace Overalls in the shop and who wore  flat caps and had a fag on as soon as they were outside.

We maintained the houses of the local Gentry, all our joinery was hand-made in-house, from the sawn timber to the beautifully finished product.

The workshop walls were lined with old tools, templates, patterns and best of all, the dozens of different Moulding Planes used for centuries to produce (by hand) all the beautiful profiles and mouldings all done (badly) by machines today:

I still have my set of Moulding Planes (all handed down) , all Linseed Oiled and ready to go, but sadly, hardly anyone would know where to start...............To have a 5ft length of thin timber,soon to be an even thinner Georgian style glazing bar on the bench was a very real challenge, especially when one side was finished....remember, that every Georgian Window, had dozens of exceptionally thin, hand-moulded glazing bars, which is why I felt sad when I saw the Decaying, Neglected Fanlight which will almost certainly be smashed wihout a second thought:

Best viewed LARGE.....click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-41711100-1388050743.jpg

Archived