Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

HELP PLEASE

I need a little help here please

Yesterday and again this afternoon, I took my SONY A55 fitted with my TAMRON 70-300 lens to the pool to shoot mainly birds in flight, all seemed OK until I tried to look at the....in-camera previews, the reaction of the LCD screen display was very sluggish, I couldnt work out why.

The camera is set to shoot in RAW only, I had the ISO up to 800 +- and the shutter speed in the low thousands....I was shooting single frames with the focus set to CONSTANT.

Why then, when I use my FASTONE image viewer are all the pics doubled, so instead of seeing 200 plus I see over 400 plus all duplicated exactly.....it was on my SD card and then they all transferred to my hard drive as usual for processing:

All the duplicates are identical in size and file type...on the SD card they are ARWs....and after conversion and transfer they are all TIFFS.

I didnt have the camera on multi shot or burst mode.........what have I done or not done...any ideas please:

FUJI

If they seem identical it's even stranger, the only two things i can think of is either its recording both RAW and JPG but that doesn't work if they are the same file type,

Alternatively, have you switched on white balance bracketing somehow?

Edited by bugmeister

re format your card and take a few shots, take a few more shots using a different card, if it happens again on the first card but not on the 2nd then the card is faulty, if it happens on both cards then the camera is at fault, if it is the camera then you need to check out the settings to try and sort it.

geoff

with the iso over 800 your camera could be set to 'noise reduction' - the camera software may create a dark /blank shot for each image in camera to remove any 'spots' and the camera will take time /longer exposure for each shot to do this. Not sure why this reads as ''two' images unless Fastone can't distinguish between the two? 

on Nikon cameras you will see 'jobNR' on the display panel - no idea about Sony but might be worth a look?

Edited by colinb

A really interesting debate/ discussion this......Fortunately I haven't formatted the card yet........

Later when I get time, I will put the card into the PC reader again, get all the pics on screen, then, if I can.........I will take a screen shot.

I remember thinking that I might have clicked the RAW/JPEG shooting mode, but on checking discovered that each shot ( after Fastone conversion to TIFFS) the exif was same for all and each identical shots according to the setting at the time.

When I get back to the TIFFS ( untouched otherwise) I will open two of the identical frames up in PS, to see if there is any difference.......later I will format the card, then take a couple of shots .....have a look at them, before resetting the camera.

I remember that on the way to the shoot, I prepared the camera for shooting those super fast Black Headed Gulls, on the Pool......Shutter speed up to 1000 plus, ISO at 800 first, and focus set to Constant, the menus for these are very straight forward.....I always shoot in RAW, with the camera set to MANUAL.

I will have a good look at all the possibilities later on, then report back.

Intriguing?

FUJI

Is Faststone not converting the RAW and the JPEG into a TIFF?

I dont think so BP........I have tried all ways up to take a screen shot but everytime I try ALT & SCREENPRINT it launches Publisher....GRRRRRRR!

But I got round that by doing a contact sheet directly from my SD Card, so you can see exactly what I see, so that you can have a go at what might be happening.

From my card info......Each SEPARATE image is a SONY ARW file (RAW)......this is what I see when I right click each and every duplicate..

ARWs 4928X328 (16.16 mp) ARW 16.2

I won't format the card or reset the camera until you or I have solved the matter:

Anyone else have any ideas?

FUJI

post-4-0-35331400-1385981052.jpg

I can't help technically, but have you got a manual for it? If not you may be able to find one online to download, and it may tell you why it's taking so many shots.

I was going to suggest resetting the camera (always my answer when things go wrong lol)  but I see you are waiting to see if the problem can be sorted other ways.

Hope you find out what the problem is.

Edited by NannyFerret

three of each would suggest that the camera is set to take bracketed images one on the settings you pick one under exposed and one over exposed,  either that or you have it set on multi shot but you should hear the shutter go three times in that case

Thank you for being patient with me folks............Yes, it seems as though the camera was taking three pics for every click of the shutter.........I have never knowingly touched the AEB control.......it could be that I did it accidentally whils changing settings for .....Birds in Flight shots?

The unwitting setting of the AEB control seems to be the answer, but why does it take three identical shots when in Manual mode......the whole idea of AEB has me puzzled anyway........isn't it a throwback to film days?..........I just take one shot, perhaps two if Im not sure, then use PS to adjust things.

I will do as Richard suggests and study the small but complicated manual that came with the camera.......I have now formatted the card and reset the camera.......once reset to RAW all is well again.

Any further input regarding the use of the AEB control welcome.

A much relieved

FUJI

Hi Fuji

On my Canon you have set the amount of AEB you want either side of what exposure setting the camera has picked. Just wondering if you had accidentally triggered the AEB without putting in any exposure setting above or below the camera has just fired off three shots the same.