Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Lost in music

bugmeister

Just for comparison, below is the original from which I cropped the one above.

Because of the angle I was working at, stuffed in a corner of the stage to avoid blocking the audiences view and the fact that she was moving back and forward I had to allow for a bit of space to get as much of her as possible.

I was not able to get a shot with just Anneka, so I knew I'd have to crop it and once I started cropping, the shot above developed and was the final choice.

The cropped version is just about printable quality at sub A4 size (with a one-inch border) so I'm happy, and hopefully so will she be.

550188-full.jpg

I didn't comment on the first picture you posted Bugs, I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. Having now seen the original I think the crop was too severe and the lack of hair in the picture made the young ladies face look too harsh. I would like to see a crop with most of the hair, the mic and the shadow on the background. I know this would be difficult due to the other ladies shoulder; just my thoughts. Cracking shot though!

I didn't comment on the first picture you posted Bugs, I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. Having now seen the original I think the crop was too severe and the lack of hair in the picture made the young ladies face look too harsh. I would like to see a crop with most of the hair, the mic and the shadow on the background. I know this would be difficult due to the other ladies shoulder; just my thoughts. Cracking shot though!

Thanks, Martyn, that's the kind of comment I really appreciate :)

Try this version : It was my in-between crop and I wasn't sure if I liked it, which I why I cropped even closer.

550188.jpg

That's it! That lovely hair really softens her face and shows off her true beauty. The complementary colours of the mic and the dress contrast with the background, and the shadow adds a real depth to the picture.

Damn, I wish I'd taken that shot!

Just another quick observation; If that shadow hadn't have been on the background this shot may not have worked at all, her lips would have blended in and been totally lost.

Just once, I was glad of the shadow from the flash :)

Thanks again for the opinions and observations, much appreciated

1st crop wins for me over the second

Whilst the second is a very good shot of a singer with a mike the 1st is blunt and creative, blown big (if possable with the crop ) is there in your face and not ignored

I can see how you arrived at it with cropping, you are lucky not to have the mike stuck right in her face as I seem to always get

you are lucky not to have the mike stuck right in her face as I seem to always get

I've got lots like that, but one advantage of being there as the 'official' photographer was that I could go just about anywhere to get the shots including right up to the corner of the stage so I did manage some profile shots during the girls performace, and also of the backing band.

I didn't comment on the first picture you posted Bugs, I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. Having now seen the original I think the crop was too severe and the lack of hair in the picture made the young ladies face look too harsh.

I agree. Your revised version is much better.

....... and let's pretend that we're together, all alone

I'll ask the man to turn the jukebox way down low

and you can tell your friend there with you........... oh sod it, I'll leave the lyric thing to Chris.

A cracking image - can't really make up my mind which I prefer.

Korky

Archived