Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

LITTLE n LARGE

FUJI

Just testing here.........I wanted to show you the larger view so you can see clearly the conditions I was shooting in....the close ups are severe crops from the original full size shot (as in pic 1)

Best viewed LARGE......click on Pics:

FUJI

post-4-0-18994200-1385059695.jpg

post-4-0-25039600-1385059706.jpg

post-4-0-87495900-1385059730.jpg

Were they on the NOKIA?

Yes, Chris.......I still need to learn how to get closer via the onscreen controls.......here I was on full auto, because I was surrounded by people, in a small area, all trying to take pics of about a dozen rescue owls.

The wide shot is.....as taken.....the close ups are crops taken from two like that..........I have realised that the Nokia camera takes two shots one a fair quality JPEG.......The other a huge super 42 mp JPEG.....full size I get about a quarter on my large monitor.

I need to internalise the close up setting, or, save it as a favourite......I'm on a steep learning curve currently.

FUJI

Yes, Annie,

I, like many others were totally mesmerised, or was it hypnotised? By those amazing eyes, each owl, large or small, seemed to be intent on out staring anyone and everyone who pointed a camera at them.

All of the birds were from an Owl rescue charity, and were obviously very used to being very close to the general public, the larger two were quite happy to be streaked on the chest under supervision of the handlers.

That, small gazebo, containing the owls was the most popular on the Christmas Market.

I found it very difficult to pull myself away, from that collection of beautiful bird life ....... I really must get the close up control on that camera sorted.......but I am very pleased with these.

FUJI

The small one is an African Grey, I think and is probably fully grown if I am right.
They are beautiful creatures and you've captured the shots just right.
I wonder if it's the ones that were at Leamington two or three years back.
I managed to squat down by the tables to get some shots as the birds were either under or between them. I'd have a hard job now with my knees.

My friend The Iris May falcon display team have a Gazebo with tables etc. for the birds to perch on.  They will also hold the birds so that you can get a shot.

I am hoping I will be able to catch them at the Memorial Park sometime next year as I don't see them so often now the Mercia ferret shows have finished.

Archived