Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

POWER PLANT

FUJI

Great shot. You must have zoomed in, right? I see from your reflection that you weren't crouching down at engine level :D 

No zooming.....fixed prime, Zukio 45/1.8 lens so had to stand well back.......No stooping at my age......I think I used the auxiliary electronic viewfinder, it tips up for this kind of shot.

I broke both legs three years ago, I can stoop or get down on the floor reasonably easy, but it is agony attempting to return to standing.

FUJI

No zooming.....fixed prime, Zukio 45/1.8 lens so had to stand well back.......No stooping at my age......I think I used the auxiliary electronic viewfinder, it tips up for this kind of shot.

I broke both legs three years ago, I can stoop or get down on the floor reasonably easy, but it is agony attempting to return to standing.

FUJI

What's a Zuiko 45 in old money? You're clearly above the level of the engine, but the shot seems to be at its level, which means it must have been fairly telephoto, right? (I can't understand modern focal lengths unless they're given in 35mm equivalent) 

What's a Zuiko 45 in old money? You're clearly above the level of the engine, but the shot seems to be at its level, which means it must have been fairly telephoto, right? (I can't understand modern focal lengths unless they're given in 35mm equivalent)

Hi Chris,

Regulars on here know that I don't do numbers.......but to put it in simple terms........the 45/1.8 lens is fixed like a prime........no zoom.......it is a lens that doesn't focus close, I just need to walk backwards until I get best shot via the AUTO focus.

From what I recall I was about five feet away to get the engine framed like that ( I did crop both sides a tad to get rid of intruding non-chrome parts)........I may have used the lift up EVF but even with that the camera would be above engine height......

Ah! Ha!.....just thought......the bike was on its stand, so leaning at an angle away from me, which would help my shooting angle.

The best way to see the lens in action is to go on YouTube search for the ...Zukio 45/1.8 lens.

See here...

FUJI

Ah, a quick Google tells me it's 90mm "in old money"! 

As only physicists really need to know the actual focal length, wouldn't it be so much simpler if - irrespective of sensor size and distance from the lens rear element - all focal lengths were quoted in 35mm equivalents? I know it would be strictly inaccurate, but it would make life a lot easier; all photographers would know that less than 20mm = fish-eye, 24-28mm = wideangle, 45-55mm = human eye view, 75-90mm = ideal portrait, 135mm = short telephoto, etc etc. 

Archived