Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Limestone Cowboys

Martyn

Very soon after that picture I handed the camera to my missus. I've been training her to use the camera in Auto mode; twist the big thing to get near or far away, press the silver button until it beeps, press the silver button all the way. She did ok I think!

That's me with the red braces

_DSC1732_zps0ef8fbac.jpg

_DSC1734_zps48008cff.jpg

Yes we do  Nanny, that's 'em!; we are "Legs Levens and the Limestone Cowboys"!

We are based in Levens in Cumbria, hence the name Legs Levens. In Levens there is a feature known as the limestone escarpment, that's why the band is known as the Limestone Cowboys. We keep getting introduced as Legs Eleven.

Putting that dance floor down is a major task; but with a map, a secret code and military precision we can get it laid in under 10 mins. Last year at the Ingleton Folk Weekend we were introduced as the Ikea Flatpack Demonstration Team! :lol:

Putting that dance floor down is a major task; but with a map, a secret code and military precision we can get it laid in under 10 mins. Last year at the Ingleton Folk Weekend we were introduced as the Ikea Flatpack Demonstration Team! :lol:

Lol. I can imagine..

I got some pics of Morris Dancers as an added bonus to our afternoon in Birmingham. I will post the tomorrow if I get time.

They were here with the RNLI raisng funds.

love the second shot..what sort of dance is that?

It's Appalachian clog dancing, or precision clogging as some call it. It's a showy style of formation dance based on flatfooting, the kind of thing folks would do on the back porch to the rhythm of the banjo in the days before tv and radio became popular. In America, clogging has become almost a cabaret act with sequins and pop music, but we try to stick more to the roots of the dance with the traditional steps.

I think I'd like that, been a fan of Bluegrass since I was a lad - almost before Bluegrass was invented :-)

We were performers at the Moniaive Michaelmas Bluegrass Festival again this year, that's where some of my recent musician pictures were taken. Lovely little festival if you ever find yourself in Dumfries & Galloway at the end of September!

We were performers at the Moniaive Michaelmas Bluegrass Festival again this year, that's where some of my recent musician pictures were taken. Lovely little festival if you ever find yourself in Dumfries & Galloway at the end of September!

Unlikely but definitely one to visit should I be up there. Thanks.

Archived