Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Stuff on a shelf...

Korky

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I've never shot or processed anything in RAW format.

So on a wet and windy afternoon I stuck some stuff on a shelf, dug out my 1980s Klik tripod and gave it a go.

Here's the result with the addition of some textures and brushes i found on the web.

Korky

StillLife_zps7e893784.jpg

Click image to view large

I'm trying to find a story and not really being able to put the three together. Possibly the candle and picture as a kind of shrine or remembrance, but there doesn't see to be a connection with the camera, which is what I'd like to find in a still life of so few subjects.

That said, the composition and execution are well done. The texture isn't to my taste but is isn't interfering with the picture at all, and does suggest a traveller.

Maybe that's the conntection with the camera, in which case a few faded pictures of various places might add to the background.

Bugs

As always, thank you for your replies - I really appreciate your detailed comments and the time you take to make them.

The items in the still life have a vague connection - the man in the photo is Mrs K's father who travelled widely, was a photographer and died in his mid-thirties. But...

This was more of an attempt at discovering RAW than a considered still life - but now I've done it, I may well have another go and plan things a little better.

Korky

Out of interest did you find raw an advantage or another process

Personally I find it a boost as I have more control but it lengthens my work time

Mindst i dont take bracketed shots anymore and now only shoot raw plus small jpeg

Everyone should own a Trip 35 - properly cool little camera and dead cheap these days.

I have one in my collection they are quirky with there lens that looks like a ring of leds

Fuzzy

I was very impressed with the processing possibilities that RAW allowed, but the time the camera ( a Fuji bridge jobbie) took to do its thing was a lot longer than I imagined. Perhaps my Sony DSLR will be a bit speedier.

Will I swap to RAW? Yes! I think the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

BP - This is my original Trip 35, the one that got me interested in photography. From here I progressed to a Pentax K1000, a real brute of a camera that I loved dearly and was the one that taught me much about taking pictures.

Korky

Will I swap to RAW? Yes! I think the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

I must admit thats what I found when I tried it, its just the extra work to get to jpeg that can be frustratingly long as I have to change the 50d raw to digital negative so I can pass it to bridge then onto photoshop cs4

The 50d handles raw with no appreciable difference from large jpeg

K1000 - another great camera. 

I learned the ropes on a Konica Auto Reflex A....it was posh as it had a Shutter Priority mode but otherwise a similar tank with a 50mm on the front.

Olympus wise I had a 35RC at one point, there was a XA in the mix and a MJU at on point. 24 years at jessops and you're gonna end up owning a few cameras.

Nanny

Thank you for the comment - although the image was initially  no more than a play around with RAW, it has grown on me considerably.

The background was done in post-editing using two free textures I found on the web (one of these was duplicated - so three textures in all) and a free brush set I found on DeviantArt. The textures were removed from the main areas using layer masks. All done in Photoshop Elements 11 btw.

I love creating arty stuff with textures and brushes, but they're not always a fave on TIPF I'm afraid.

Korky

Nanny

Thank you for the comment - although the image was initially  no more than a play around with RAW, it has grown on me considerably.

The background was done in post-editing using two free textures I found on the web (one of these was duplicated - so three textures in all) and a free brush set I found on DeviantArt. The textures were removed from the main areas using layer masks. All done in Photoshop Elements 11 btw.

I love creating arty stuff with textures and brushes, but they're not always a fave on TIPF I'm afraid.

Korky

You can layer, texture  brush away as much as you like for me Korky, I love it....... think my winter months could be filled trying to get to grips with these skills :)

Blackrox

Take a look at French Kiss Collections for lots of tutorials and freebies. For some of the free stuff, you'll need to log in to Facebook, so I've missed out on those as I don't do FB.

It's a very good resource - it'll keep you going through the winter. 

I haven't managed to get to grips with PNG overlays yet, but I'll get there in the end.

Korky

Blackrox

Take a look at French Kiss Collections for lots of tutorials and freebies. For some of the free stuff, you'll need to log in to Facebook, so I've missed out on those as I don't do FB.

It's a very good resource - it'll keep you going through the winter. 

I haven't managed to get to grips with PNG overlays yet, but I'll get there in the end.

Korky

Thanks Korky so much, there are some really good tutorials and I have already learned a lot in the few mins I have watched

Archived