Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

LENS LEARNING

FUJI

SInce acquiring my Panasonic GF1 Micro Four Thirds Camera, I realised that it has great potential as an idea tool for experimental/creative photography.....one of the reasons, is that it is easily adapted to take vintage M42 thread lenses:

The Ebay adapter arrived yesterday, so the Rose here is my first post using it with this camera.....you can see that this SUPER TAKUMAR 1:2/55  yellow tinted lens produces the most beautiful BOKEH and muted colours suited to flowers and portraits...the colours could be enhanced and saturated more using PS, if required:

Old M42 thread lenses are readily available on Ebay for circa £50....all you need is an adaptor to suit your brand of camera:

The second shot here, is an interesting contrast, this was taken through a novelty lens via Ebay from Hong Kong for under £10 delivered......It is a MICHAEL 1:1.7/35 Movie/CCTV camera lens........in effect an extremely cheap Prime....it is getting rave reviews from photographers:

Here you can see, that it too produces, beautiful BOKEH....the extremely short DOF calls for carefull and creative focussing, but it gives better than expected results....they fit M4/3rds cameras:

Both lenses require that the camera is set to work without a lens....(settings in the menu) ......everything then has to be done manually, so a good test of skills and creativity:

Despite he rain this morning, I am going to see what the TAKUMAR can do with the focus  set at around 15 feet for street photography:

It could be that, when you lot complain of ....BUG withdrawal symptoms.....in a few weeks, you too could acquire vintage lenses for Winter projects:

Onwards and Upwards they say!

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pics:

FUJI

post-4-0-41072100-1378454618.jpg

post-4-0-56244800-1378454631.jpg

Thanks BP........A great idea, but I don't think I could bring myself to destroy a lens like that, and I would be worried about dust or damage to my sensor........I can see the creative side of the idea though.

I have, loved that old radio-active SUPER TAKUMAR since I first tried it on my SONY A55, what a pity it can't focus to infinity on an adaptor. I have discovered that by using one of the two cheap Ebay purchased extension rings any lens acts like a macro......this is what I am currently being creative with.

I'm not writing off my nine quid Chinese made 35/1:1.7 video lens with a contact- less connector to my GF1, as you can see from the other shot here it gives similar results but with an even shallower depth of field.....the glass quality is excellent....

These lenses are usually fitted to cheap CCTV cameras, photography enthusiasts all over the world are raving about them for use on M4/3 rd cameras like mine.

FUJI

Archived