Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Misty seascape

Ian

Very undecided about cropping this one,  :wacko:  just can't make my mind up  :rolleyes:

I'm with you!   The centred horizon doesn't feel right but cropping some sky works, and so does cropping some beach, but not both. Very confusing, and it's a challenge.

This is the kind of picture I love to take to a cropping class at the camera club because there will be lots of suggestions and most of them will work. It's all down to personal preferences, I don't think there is a 'right' crop :)

I guess that I must be the odd one out here, as I like as it is. Its the way I would see if I was standing there looking at it.

Its not far off from the 'rule of thirds', and in any case there are times when ignoring convention works, for me at least.

Its an interesting sky, and I like the way its reflected in the water.

The fact that we all see things differently is good, and it always interesting to read the perceptions of others.

Dave

Thanks everybody, I'm glad it's not just me undecided :yes ,

I've been on and off this one since I took the shot in 09, there are so many possibilities from just one shot.

I do remember I deliberately placed the horizon in the middle because even thinking about taking the shot I was undecided so wanted as much as possible with the intention of once I saw it full size I would see THE photo. I didn't  :rolleyes:

And I'm with DaveS about the rules, they most definitely are meant to be broken.  :innocent:

Thinking commercially (which I personally don't) I think this sort of shot is a money maker, simply because there are so many different crops you can sell the photo so many times without having a duplicate view  :yes

I agree with Dave. I like it 'as is'. The central horizon doesn't matter a damn especially in shots where there's a reflection (I don't even think you should straighten it). It's the tranquil sense of space that gives this picture its quality. If you do decide to crop, then for heavens sake duplicate the picture before you do!!

If you do decide to crop, then for heavens sake duplicate the picture before you do!!

I save ALL my raw files that way I can always go back to original when i learn something new to improve any shot ;)

Archived